INVITE - Annual pilgrimage through NY

DevonianDigger

Pretty sure I’m free April 27th for DSR. I may also be able to do Penn Dixie on the 26th. DSR is a place I’ve been really hyped for! I’ll try to meet up with you guys :). Should be a blast

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Peat Burns said:

I'm in if it's ok. 

Absolutely! Now I have a reason to bring along those Devonian rostroconches. :dinothumb: And if there is anything from Arkona you want, I can bring those along, too. 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Just now, DevonianDigger said:

Absolutely! I have sooo many brachiopods for you still that I haven't shipped yet, lol!

Did you want to manage the PD ones while I do the Arkona ones? (although I have plenty of both!). 

Just now, Kane said:

Did you want to manage the PD ones while I do the Arkona ones? (although I have plenty of both!). 

Sure! I've been saving them up for him for about a year now. I keep meaning to send a box to the museum, but I always want to put more in it first, lol. Hasn't worked out quite the way I intended...

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Just now, DevonianDigger said:

Sure! I've been saving them up for him for about a year now. I keep meaning to send a box to the museum, but I always want to put more in it first, lol. Hasn't worked out quite the way I intended...

I'm guilty of the exact same thing. :blush: On the plus side, there's more to give after a year of more collecting. :D I guess we can rule out sending DSR stuff since, well, he'll be there to hoover up his own. 

1 hour ago, DevonianDigger said:

Absolutely! I have sooo many brachiopods for you still that I haven't shipped yet, lol!

:notworthy:

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I am building 105 new drawers, so I'm ready!

Resized_20190320_084145_9686.thumb.jpeg.2f3d5e45a2da332de58451fce87ae0eb.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

4 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Okay @Kane... so we might need to find a few more...

Lol... That should be ok as I have stuff from other locations to give as well. 

The itinerary is starting to solidify. (Somewhat...) 

Friday, April 26 - Penn Dixie

Saturday, April 27 - Deep Springs Road

Sunday, April 28 - TBD

If you're planning on joining for either of the dates that are already firmed up, can you please shoot me a PM so that I can get a rough head count? Thanks!!!

• I found this Informative 3

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Huh! I didn't see this until today. I'll have to talk to Mr. Spirifer about the timing! I know we're busy on Friday, but Saturday & Sunday may be possible. I'd love to get out and hunt that area again. Maybe I'll finish photogging and cataloging last fall's results first. :P

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, Darktooth said:

Just so you all know, April 26 is my B-day.:D And @Fossildude19 is  about a week before mine I believe.:)

That's Mr. Spirifer's B-day, too!!! :o Enjoy it!

I'm taking the day off Saturday the 27th so I plan to join you folks at DSR. Should be another great time.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

I'm taking the day off Saturday the 27th so I plan to join you folks at DSR. Should be another great time.

I am glad to hear that Jeff! I was disappointed when I saw your first post, stating that you had to work that day. A TFF group hunt at DSR would not be complete without you!:dinothumb:Now if we can just get @Fossildude19 and @Pagurus on board........... ?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks, Dave. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there this spring, but there's still a possibility. My car bit the dust last time I was out that way and our other car might not make it either. Along with that I can't drive in the dark, and even daytime driving can be hard, at least until the end of May when I get some cataract surgery done. So far, Leila doesn't seem too keen on making it a two-day trip, as we have before, especially after the car broke down on the last journey. We'll see.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:30 AM, FossilNoob6969 said:

5 and a half hours of driving. Hmm

When I head up there from CT, it's usually a 4.5 hour drive for me, one way. It's doable. 

"To the motivated go the spoils." Uncle Siphuncle.

That said, I'm not sure I can make it that weekend. I may be able to,  but things are a bit up in the air, at the moment. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

45 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Thanks, Dave. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there this spring, but there's still a possibility. My car bit the dust last time I was out that way and our other car might not make it either. Along with that I can't drive in the dark, and even daytime driving can be hard, at least until the end of May when I get some cataract surgery done. So far, Leila doesn't seem to keen on making it a two-day trip, as we have before, especially after the car broke down on the last journey. We'll see.

33 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

When I head up there from CT, it's usually a 4.5 hour drive for me, one way. It's doable. 

"To the motivated go the spoils." Uncle Siphuncle.

That said, I'm not sure I can make it that weekend. I may be able to,  but things are a bit up in the air, at the moment. 

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that you all will somehow make it!:fingerscrossed:

So this has grown into something big! Big enough that we are going to have to modify our Saturday plan. Because of the number of people joining us--possibly 20 at this point--we have to adjust for the size of the site at DSR. That being said, is there anyone going who is particularly familiar with Cole Hill site that would consider volunteering to help split the group between the two sites? I figure that some of us can start at one and some can start at the other and we can float between the two so that people aren't stepping on one another while trying to dig. Thoughts?

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

So this has grown into something big! Big enough that we are going to have to modify our Saturday plan. Because of the number of people joining us--possibly 20 at this point--we have to adjust for the size of the site at DSR. That being said, is there anyone going who is particularly familiar with Cole Hill site that would consider volunteering to help split the group between the two sites? I figure that some of us can start at one and some can start at the other and we can float between the two so that people aren't stepping on one another while trying to dig. Thoughts?

I could assist with that, Jay.

I think that I will need to get the owners permission to bring a larger group to this site. There appears to be some concern from the owner and her family about who is accessing the site, from my conversation with the daughter from the last time I was there. 

On 3/21/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mediospirifer said:

Huh! I didn't see this until today. I'll have to talk to Mr. Spirifer about the timing! I know we're busy on Friday, but Saturday & Sunday may be possible. I'd love to get out and hunt that area again. Maybe I'll finish photogging and cataloging last fall's results first. :P

That's Mr. Spirifer's B-day, too!!! :o Enjoy it!

Maybe someone will be nice and bake a Birthday cake for us Birthday boys complete with balloons  and party hats.:P

Looks like quite the excavation party... I would be interested in driving up Saturday if the logistics work out so the sites don't get overwhelmed.