Shark Teeth in Washington State?

Zenmaster6

I currently live in Tacoma Washington State ( Not D.C )

I am moving to north Carolina to rent a house and start a life with my soon to be wife.
However, for the next year as I complete college, is there anywhere in Washington state where I can find shark teeth?

So far I have found nada. I heard Point no Point is good for fossils and shark teeth according to a post called "Best Beach for Shark Teeth: 6 well known places to search (not allowed to post links)

However after a quick search on Macrostrat and older geologic maps I have found nothing of interest in the entire area and the islands across from it. 
I imagine the best beach to go would be one with exposed fossiliferous sediments on cliffs that get battered by waves.

If anyone knows of any places or even a simple "Yes, they exist here" would be helpful. It seems there is no info online.

1 hour ago, Zenmaster6 said:

I currently live in Tacoma Washington State ( Not D.C )

I am moving to north Carolina to rent a house and start a life with my soon to be wife.
However, for the next year as I complete college, is there anywhere in Washington state where I can find shark teeth?

So far I have found nada. I heard Point no Point is good for fossils and shark teeth according to a post called "Best Beach for Shark Teeth: 6 well known places to search (not allowed to post links)

However after a quick search on Macrostrat and older geologic maps I have found nothing of interest in the entire area and the islands across from it. 
I imagine the best beach to go would be one with exposed fossiliferous sediments on cliffs that get battered by waves.

If anyone knows of any places or even a simple "Yes, they exist here" would be helpful. It seems there is no info online.

Check out this paper:

Bigelow, P.K.  1994.

Occurrence of a Squaloid Shark (Chondrichthyes: Squaliformes) with the Pinniped Allodesmus from the Upper Miocene of Washington.  Journal of Paleontology 68, 3: 680-684.

I know there's an Eocene site in the Seattle area.  Someone sent me a tooth from there.

• I found this Informative 2

4 minutes ago, siteseer said:

Check out this paper:

Bigelow, P.K.  1994.

Occurrence of a Squaloid Shark (Chondrichthyes: Squaliformes) with the Pinniped Allodesmus from the Upper Miocene of Washington.  Journal of Paleontology 68, 3: 680-684.

I know there's an Eocene site in the Seattle area.  Someone sent me a tooth from there.

I actually hunt for Clams, Gastropods and plant fossils around Seattle area. I even found Razor clams but not a single tooth. Are they rare or something?

I don't know much about shark teeth or Washington State fossils, but over here on this island they do not seem to be easy to find even though we've got lots of Cretaceous and Cenozoic rock. I've only ever found 3 in my life. Others may have been more lucky, not sure.

Shark teeth along the US west coast  (even in deposits with lots of shark teeth) just aren't as plentiful as they are along our eastern shoreline.

At best they are few and far between. You might already be in North Caolina before you find one on a beach. But you never know. Just keep your eyes to the ground and you may get lucky.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Ive only seen 2 shark teeth from Washington.  they both were in a concretions found somewhere along the Jaun de Fuca straits.   Im thinking sharks teeth are hard to find in Washington.

RB

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ynot said:

Congratulations!

What is the size?

its about half an inch long. Dying to know what it is. 40 million years old

Congrats from a fellow Tacoman! I would be very curious to hear where you found that beauty.:envy: