Tj Thinks This Is A Tooth

tracer

tj's sitting beside me, texting his girlfriend and being generally annoying. he bugged me to post these pics of something he found a while back and ask ya'll to take precious moments out of your valuable time to assess his find for possible identification purposes. if you know what it is, please state the identity and pm him regarding any billing for your services, because he has whatever money i used to have, unless his girlfriend has it.

post-488-12544359147616_thumb.jpg

post-488-12544359171158_thumb.jpg

post-488-12544359126075_thumb.jpg

oh, ozzy, didn't mean to mislead you. this wasn't a beach find. more of an semi-inland fluvial alluvium pleistocene or holocene kind of thing from an area that wouldn't have been marine environment during that time frame. but if he doesn't get any other id takers, i'm going to tell tj to label it with what you said, just to see him try to spell it.

Could it be a partial canid tooth root?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

ok, well, um, what do you think this is?

post-488-12544382331673_thumb.jpg

p.s. - i don't have an "address" per se. i'm a terminate-and- stay-resident autobot program. gatorman lets me live on the server for laughs. i'm like three months behind on the rent. that was funny, hopefully.

Dude, you're just bein' mean, now...get that bait outta' the water!

Dude, you're just bein' mean, now...get that bait outta' the water!

that's not water, john. it's sand. i would have thought you would have known that.

ok, so like, what's this then?

post-488-12544390374211_thumb.jpg

i might need to quit this. i'm starting to annoy myself, which is never good.

but aren't those some big old cool grains of quartz "sand"?

This quote is "bait" and the water completes the metaphor...yes, I'm bein' obtuse and I thought you would know that. :D

This quote is "bait" and the water completes the metaphor...yes, I'm bein' obtuse and I thought you would know that. :D

you've been incredibly obtuse lately, and obfuscationalative. for those of me who have trouble at any given moment discerning whether i'm in a dream-like state of wakefulness or am dreaming i'm awake, it's counterassistational.

ok, so like, what's this then?

post-488-12544390374211_thumb.jpg

i might need to quit this. i'm starting to annoy myself, which is never good.

but aren't those some big old cool grains of quartz "sand"?

well, the picture of the brown lattice-looking bone in the sand was the bottom of this -

post-488-12544767266415_thumb.jpg

hog tooth

p.s. - i don't have an "address" per se. i'm a terminate-and- stay-resident autobot program. gatorman lets me live on the server for laughs. i'm like three months behind on the rent. that was funny, hopefully.

and, the picture of the unknown tooth in the sand was just a bovid tooth perfectly buried so as to be showing only from the side. here's the normal view.

post-488-12544769424951_thumb.jpg

Archived