Looking for a gw shark tooth

Max-fossils

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to obtain a great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias) tooth by trade. 

These are the requirements I have:

• complete
  • decent preservation (so not very badly worn)
  • accurate location info
  • accurate formation + age info
  • size, position or color don't really matter to me. 

I'm not looking for an impressive display piece! It doesn't have to be big or very colorful or whatsoever, just a decent complete tooth. 

One tooth will do, so I probably won't entertain many offers after the first one, but if I haven't announced (on this thread) that a deal is made I am probably still looking. 

If you also have any fossil shells you want to get rid of, we can definitely include those in the deal!

In exchange I have a wide array of different stuff to offer, especially in the inverts, so just tell me what interests you and I'll see what I can offer via PM if I'm interested in your tooth. Don't expect a meg or dinosaur tooth in exchange though, as I'm not looking for a super valuable gw tooth either. It will be a smaller-scale trade :) 

Take in mind that you'll have to pay shipping to the Netherlands, so check your shipping prices first!

Thanks in advance!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 hour ago, Sauroniops said:

I have a small tooth of a Great White. It is not a fossil though, but from a modern one. 

I already have a couple modern ones, but I'm looking specifically for a fossil one :) 

Thanks anyways!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Hello ,why you don t find this?

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

Just now, herve said:

Easier said than done! Although they are found on the Zandmotor (close to where I live), it still isn't everyday that you can just find one super easily. 

Max Derème

Just now, caldigger said:

I'll PM you a picture when I get home.

Ah that's great, thanks a lot Doren! :D 

Max Derème

Hi Max

I think you should show some of your items you have up for offer. It may help entice a trade partner .:dinothumb:

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi Max

I think you should show some of your items you have up for offer. It may help entice a trade partner .:dinothumb:

Well they'll have to tell me what kind of stuff they're interested in first ;) 

Max Derème

• 4 weeks later...

hallo Max,

I have several small ones that I have self-collected from eastern NC (so the provenance is excellent).  Would any of these suffice?

Note that the root of GW teeth notoriously erodes.

GW1.jpg

GW2.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

@hemipristis these are great! Thanks! 

I especially like the one on the left (with the most complete root). Exactly the type of tooth I'm looking for. 

I'm sending you a PM as we speak :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, Max-fossils said:
On 3/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, herve said:

Easier said than done! Although they are found on the Zandmotor (close to where I live), it still isn't everyday that you can just find one super easily. 

As you say Max, these can be difficult depending on the rarity in your hunting area. I have hunting intensively since 2009 and have only found 10.  Here is my latest, day before yesterday. Note the significant root damage.

2019May16thText.thumb.jpg.b5edc9545c1a8152399440a3244b8a1e.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

15 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

As you say Max, these can be difficult depending on the rarity in your hunting area. I have hunting intensively since 2009 and have only found 10.  Here is my latest, day before yesterday. Note the significant root damage.

Nice find, despite the root damage. Yup, great white teeth can be very rare sometimes depending on where you are. 

Max Derème

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my quest has come to completion: 

4A9C6346-BCA5-40C9-9FEC-8A6F783F1AF1.thumb.jpeg.ec6438c22bdce032b0ae1357fd476e0f.jpeg

2 beautiful great white shark teeth! Thanks a lot @hemipristis for sending these beauties! 

Max Derème