Peace River Tooth #2

pharoh

This is also a Peace river find from yesterday.I looked it up and found 3 or 4 possibilities.I need some expert help.Measurments are 3/4 x 3/4 x3/8 in.thanks ,george.post-2201-12544431362175_thumb.jpgpost-2201-12544431694605_thumb.jpg

It might be a type of coyote sized dog from the early miocene Osbornodon iamonensis .I looked it up in the fossil vertebrates of Florida book . It may or may not be put it is very close to yours IMO. Again very cool tooth. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

This is a Pleistocene/Holocene Canis sp. carnassial. Very likely dog if not well mineralized. If it is well mineralized, start with indian dog, coyote, or small wolf. Too small for dire wolf.

Edited by PrehistoricFlorida

It might be a type of coyote sized dog from the early miocene Osbornodon iamonensis .I looked it up in the fossil vertebrates of Florida book . It may or may not be put it is very close to yours IMO. Again very cool tooth. B)B)B):)

The Peace River was ocean during the Miocene.

This is a Pleistocene/Holocene Canis sp. carnassial. Very likely dog if not well mineralized. If it is well mineralized, start with indian dog, coyote, or small wolf. Too small for dire wolf.

I agree with Nate. You can compare your tooth with the teeth here:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=5096

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest