Clam or paper weight? ;)

Ms Michal

I picked this stone up on the road in front of my home. The property straddles the Gonzalez, Wilson county line. Close to Nixon. I was doing some research because every thing on this property is layered with yellow clay, red sand, and the Hematite mineral. Which puts everything I pick up in question of fossil or iron consecration. The road bed however was once paved then when it needed repairs they put down a mixture from a quarry. I find it amazing anything survived the crusher. But, I have found many interesting rocks and minerals. For got the measurements approximately 4.5 inches by 2.6. Any information is glady accepted. Thank you. 

20190310_152114-1.jpg

20190310_152120-1.jpg

20190310_152146-1.jpg

20190310_152225-1.jpg

20190310_152249-1.jpg

20190310_152758-1.jpg

Edited by Ms Michal
Had to add pictures.

I should defer to the Texan members but I'm not seeing a clam. I would be tempted to split it along that seam to see what's inside - it seems to be begging for it (tho' I wouldn't count on there being anything).

• I found this Informative 3

Maybe there is something related to Calcite, in my thinking.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I was curious because of it's shape and how one end sorry the blurry one seemed connected. There are a few very small oyster shells I noticed. It amazes me how smart you all are. I greatly appriciate yout help. I have more rocks set a side. i may get a right one ;).

11 minutes ago, Ms Michal said:

I have more rocks set a side. i may get a right one ;)

I'm pretty sure of this. :)

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Indeed I do have a twig I wish to show you. The sun is setting. Maybe I can do in my house with my lamp if I can get the angle right. I will try later I haven't eaten yet I've been reading too much lol.