Brian Roland

I have a chewed on vertibrae and the one on the left looks like a fin caudual not sure, can you please help ID

1552404700111474690563.jpg

20 minutes ago, Brian Roland said:

I have a chewed on vertibrae and the one on the left looks like a fin caudual not sure, can you please help ID

If you have an item that requires identification, please start a topic of your own as this topic is reserved for talking about this member's find. Thank you for your cooperation. :) 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Split this out to it's own topic. 

It is bad form to hijack someone else's thread for ID purposes. 

As Kane stated, please create new topics when posting to this Forum. ;) 

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. 

And yes, I agree, these are rocks, not fossils. 

Sandstone for the first, and chert for the second.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sorry im new, still trying to figure this site out...guess I'll just find a user friendlier site besides im not finding anything other then rocks anyways. Sorry again about the "hijack" wount happen again.

Your objects are water-worn cobbles; they are of geological, not biological origin.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

33 minutes ago, Brian Roland said:

Sorry im new, still trying to figure this site out...guess I'll just find a user friendlier site besides im not finding anything other then rocks anyways. Sorry again about the "hijack" wount happen again.

When you're at a new website, or new to finding fossils it's easy to make a mistake now and then.  The most important thing is that we keep learning.

• I found this Informative 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

2 hours ago, Brian Roland said:

We are all quite friendly here. You just need to read the instructions and topics more precisely. Don't give up, though. You'll find a fossil one day if you keep looking long enough, but perhaps not at the site where all these rocks are coming from.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/