Updated T.rex

Masp

Cool article from Business Insider on the most accurate T.rex so far to date. This new exhibit is featured at the American Museum of Natural History, NYC also featuring the Tyrannosaur lineage. Really dig the new look!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/what-paleontologists-got-wrong-about-tyrannosaurus-rex-2019-3

• I found this Informative 12

Nice article....

and I will add this..... every single artist's reconstruction of T rex and many other dinosaurs shows them running around with their mouth open.  NO!  Show me any animal in the modern world that walks or runs with its mouth open.  Ok, so every artist happens to catch rex as he/she is about to attack another beast, but give me a break.  

Or for that matter,show me any reptile or bird that roars.... ( I know, this one is in the list but it has been bothering me for decades).  

Thanks forlistening.  

• I found this Informative 3

54 minutes ago, jpc said:

Nice article....

and I will add this..... every single artist's reconstruction of T rex and many other dinosaurs shows them running around with their mouth open.  NO!  Show me any animal in the modern world that walks or runs with its mouth open.  Ok, so every artist happens to catch rex as he/she is about to attack another beast, but give me a break.  

Or for that matter,show me any reptile or bird that roars.... ( I know, this one is in the list but it has been bothering me for decades).  

Thanks forlistening.  

I often run around with my mouth open. 

And crocodile's roar :

I've heard this myself when I was running around with my mouth open in Thailand. :D

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

17 hours ago, jpc said:

NO!  Show me any animal in the modern world that walks or runs with its mouth open.

H. sapien adolescents... until they choke on a bug the first time. :P

22 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I often run around with my mouth open. 

And crocodile's roar :

I've heard this myself when I was running around with my mouth open in Thailand. :D

Nice video, TD... but still... a close-mouthed roar.  Cool.  

10 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

H. sapien adolescents... until they choke on a bug the first time. :P

I can attest to this as I have witnessed it on multiple occasions.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, jpc said:

Thanks forlistening.  

Funny. This brings to mind a bad Meg movie I watched a while back, where the Meg was growling as it was tearing into various things. Boat hulls, Zodiacs, poodles...:trilosurprise: It didn't matter whether it was under water or above. Cheap trick, but funny to watch. They did claim that no poodles were harmed in the making of the movie. I'm not so sure. :zzzzscratchchin: