SailingAlongToo

goatinformationist

Bless you.  GP

DevonianDigger

This is a great resource, and I appreciate you sharing. But I must say, I'm surprised this site hasn't been shut down yet. There are some books on here that are definitely not supposed to be, lol. I did a search for some of the subjects that I teach and found some books that I recently paid dearly for from the publisher. 

For anyone into fish, that Fossil Atlas, Fishes book is a great resource to have. It's a $70+ book used. (Sadly, this particular scan of it is practically useless for identification as the pictures are far too dark, but worth a grab for the price!)

oilshale
50 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

This is a great resource, and I appreciate you sharing. But I must say, I'm surprised this site hasn't been shut down yet. There are some books on here that are definitely not supposed to be, lol. I did a search for some of the subjects that I teach and found some books that I recently paid dearly for from the publisher. 

For anyone into fish, that Fossil Atlas, Fishes book is a great resource to have. It's a $70+ book used. (Sadly, this particular scan of it is practically useless for identification as the pictures are far too dark, but worth a grab for the price!)

Right, there are probably a lot of books that shouldn't be there.
But when I saw the books "The Fossils of The Burgess Shale", "The Cambrian Fossils of Chengjiang" and "The Crato Fossil Beds of Brazil" I couldn't resist anymore and downloaded them (I think I need a bigger hard drive now).
The book "Fossil Fishes, Atlas" is available twice (80 and 160MB). Not so interesting for me - I bought the original German version many years ago.
Thomas

Yoda

Lots of interest there!

Thanks for the links 

Yoda

The website is asking me to download all sorts of software, and it's being stopped by my system security.

Is this site dodgy?? 

Fossildude19
21 minutes ago, Yoda said:

The website is asking me to download all sorts of software, and it's being stopped by my system security.

Is this site dodgy?? 

I didn't get anything like that when I visited the site. :( :headscratch:

snolly50
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Is this site dodgy?? 

Do you mean the ads for .PDF readers and such, or are you getting popups? I noticed the ad download buttons were positioned in a way that the careless person seeking to download a book might click on them inadvertently - no doubt a purposeful ploy, I've often seen employed. I suspect the site is supported by those ads. Beyond that I saw nothing sneaky or sinister.