Sign in to follow this  
FossilFreak

Trip next week peace river or central florida

FossilFreak

The kids are on spring break next week, and we'll be spending some time in the Tampa area with family. My son (8) and I will probably try to take a day to go to the Peace River. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know. I've collected ther several times, but it's probably been over a year, and I'm not an expert by any means.

I'm not sure exactly which day we'll be able to get away. It will probably be Monday or Thursday.

I have a kayak.

Talltooth89

Hey I’m no expert either but I could definitely meet you up there and do some digging, I have a son who is 6 and a kayak as well, We’ll see how the weather looks 

jcbshark

Good luck:) it’s been a tough season for a lot of us Florida folks with the rivers and creeks being higher than normal for the time of year but there’s still stuff to be found 

Bone Daddy

We are currently getting widespread light rain that is making the rivers rise. Keep an eye on the USGS gauges over the next 24 hours. Chances are, it will be too high and fast to hunt for at least another week, depending on how much rain we get today and tonight.

Alex 111

Hello Bone Daddy, I wanted to ask if you were on the way and if you found something?
Do you often do such excursions?

many Greetings
Alex

Edited by Alex 111

Bone Daddy
On 3/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, Alex 111 said:

Hello Bone Daddy, I wanted to ask if you were on the way and if you found something?
Do you often do such excursions?

many Greetings
Alex

Hi Alex,

Not nearly as often as I would like. I managed to make it out there on sunday and I just posted some photos of the trip in a new thread in this same forum.  :)

Best regards,

MikeG