My first post and first experience hunting for shark teeth

blackbeard

My family and I took a road trip all the way from canada to try and find some shark teeth and whatever other adventures we could find. Before we hit the beach we headed  to the smithsionian in washington d.c . What an amazing experience we had and could literally spends days to fully appreciate everything they had to offer. Next stop was bayfront park maryland. The weather was cold and windy and the water was ice cold, but that didn't stop us! After a few tries with the sifter we found our very first tooth, a feeling I will never forget thats for sure. After searching for 2 hours and finding many small teeth  we decided to head out to our next destination Aurora.  The town is  small and the few people we did meet were very kind. My two kids really liked digging here as it's nice and safe with a guaranteed chance of finding teeth. I highly recommend aurora for family's and newbies looking to find teeth. The museum is really cool with awsome fossils and some good stuff to buy. Our next location bought us to the famous GMR in Greenville .  Everyone I talked to said it's flooded don't waste your time but being stubborn I went anyways. Lol I was able to find a small location that allowed me to get down and do some sifting. I found some really nice teeth but the GW I really wanted didn't happen for me this trip. There was lots of broken glass and garbage in the spot I was so be careful .  We hooked up with george powell jr while we were in greenville and like many people have said he truly is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He took hours showing me and my family his collection and it's just leaves you in aww. ThanKS George!  I'm really thinking of getting my diving certificate for future trips! The rest of the trip is none fossil related so I will spare you all that lol but we had a blast and found the fossil community to be very warm and welcoming. Cheers

20190311_214352.jpg

I am glad that you enjoyed a great trip with your family. Nice report!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Nice finds! I too found it was quite flooded, but was able to find a small shallow area to search. Nothing great but I’ll take any teeth I can find!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a successful and obviously well-planned trip. Your kids must be real troopers to have covered those distances. Having come out of Ontario myself, I'm curious to hear from you if you also go fossil hunting there.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

20 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a successful and obviously well-planned trip. Your kids must be real troopers to have covered those distances. Having come out of Ontario myself, I'm curious to hear from you if you also go fossil hunting there.

Just getting into it, but I did check out arkona last year. My brother is really big into teeth and anything fossils which inspired me to get started.  I'm from windsor ontario how about yourself?

8 hours ago, blackbeard said:

Just getting into it, but I did check out arkona last year. My brother is really big into teeth and anything fossils which inspired me to get started.  I'm from windsor ontario how about yourself?

Brampton.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Nice haul! :)

And love the expressions on the children's faces.  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png