Andy B

I wanted to post a couple pics from this weekend. I found a few teeth and things I am happy with. I could use a verification on the identities though. Thanks for looking!! Andy

I think these 2 teeth are both Cretolamna Appendiculata.

A very nice fish vertabra?

And finally my favorite bivalve to find in the brook. I can't identify it for you though. It reminds me of the giant clam that tried to eat Batman and Robin back in the 60's.

smIMG_5770.jpg

smIMG_5775.jpg

smIMG_5777.jpg

smIMG_5778.jpg

smIMG_5780.jpg

smIMG_5789.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Lastly, my second Sawfish tooth! Very happy with this one. In the one pic you can see the smaller original one I found a couple weeks ago. This one is a little better specimen even though it too is snapped off.

smIMG_5787.jpg

smIMG_5792.jpg

Nice finds Andy! FYI, it was brought to my attention recently that Cretalamna  appendiculata is not the correct species for this site. I have to find to post which states this. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

10 minutes ago, Praefectus said:

Nice finds!

3 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Nice finds Andy! FYI, it was brought to my attention recently that Cretalamna  appendiculata is not the correct species for this site. I have to find to post which states this. 

Thanks guys.

That's interesting Darktooth. Let us know when you find the post.

13 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Thanks guys.

That's interesting Darktooth. Let us know when you find the post.

Check out Datfossilboy's topic Russian sharktooth ID. Anomotodon cited the information given about this. I don't know how to copy and paste with my phone or I would have.:(

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I think you're right with the vertebrate fossil IDs (aside from the taxonomic technicality with Cretolamna). Looks like a nice day!

2 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Very nice quality finds.

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

I think you're right with the vertebrate fossil IDs (aside from the taxonomic technicality with Cretolamna). Looks like a nice day!

1 hour ago, Al Dente said:

The brachiopods are Choristothyris Plicata.

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Al Dente said:

The brachiopods are Choristothyris Plicata.

Wow, I just looked them up. Not even a clam. I like them even more now!

Great stuff and agree with the others on IDs. The vertebra is a shark vert. @Darktooth is right about the Cretalamnas not being appendiculata. Here’s one of the posts where this is discussed:

The roots on your teeth might be well enough preserved to be IDd to species level. @MikaelS (main author of the new paper) is the person to ask for a species ID. You’ll need to make some pictures in basal view of the roots of the teeth.

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, The Jersey Devil said:

Great stuff and agree with the others on IDs. The vertebra is a shark vert. @Darktooth is right about the Cretalamnas not being appendiculata. Here’s one of the posts where this is discussed:

The roots on your teeth might be well enough preserved to be IDd to species level. @MikaelS (main author of the new paper) is the person to ask for a species ID. You’ll need to make some pictures in basal view of the roots of the teeth.

Very informative! Thanks!!