DevonianDigger

Penn Dixie 2019 Dig With the Experts

DevonianDigger

@Malcolmt, last I knew Phil was counting you as one of the experts, has he not been in contact with you at all? ...and I owe you a beer, lol.

Malcolmt

Yes I am Jay (just was not advertising it) , and I have been talking with Phil. All is arranged. I will have my tools available including the rock saw . I will be there for the Sat and Sun of the Experts Dig as well as the Friday and Monday so that I can actually do a little collecting of my own. 

DevonianDigger
8 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Yes I am Jay (just was not advertising it) , and I have been talking with Phil. All is arranged. I will have my tools available including the rock saw . I will be there for the Sat and Sun of the Experts Dig as well as the Friday and Monday so that I can actually do a little collecting of my own. 

Well, then I'm glad I could help out you on that one, lol. I will be there Friday afternoon, (as I was mistaken about the week and don't actually have that day off.) Sat morning and Sunday all day. I have to step out for the second half of Saturday.

BLT
On 4/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Malcolmt said:

On the Friday we will be working a bench somewhere other that the "Experts Dig" Area. Being a bit arrogant here, but learning how to properly dig a bench with me is worth being there for the Friday or Monday. 

Are non-members (Penn Dixie) allowed in the park on Friday, May 17th? 

Kane
3 minutes ago, BLT said:

I think they start their weekday hours on June 17th, and so they are only open to non-members on weekends until then. :( Of course, perhaps @DevonianDigger can suggest something. 

BLT
13 minutes ago, Kane said:

I think they start their weekday hours on June 17th, and so they are only open to non-members on weekends until then. :( Of course, perhaps @DevonianDigger can suggest something. 

Okay, thanks! :) 

DevonianDigger
23 minutes ago, BLT said:

Unfortunately, no. But individual memberships are only $30, and members can come in whenever (excluding night time of course).

BLT
24 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Unfortunately, no. But individual memberships are only $30, and members can come in whenever (excluding night time of course).

Gotcha. Thank you! I’m wishing I had become a member before buying weekend passes. :wacko: Oh well. Lol

Bguild

Alright, I bought my weekend pass. Count me in :fistbump:

Funny, I had the same question as @BLT about non-members being able to dig the Friday before. Dang, I probably should have just bought the membership... Still might. It'd be great to meet up with you guys.

BLT
1 hour ago, Bguild said:

Alright, I bought my weekend pass. Count me in :fistbump:

:thumbsu:

Malcolmt

Penn Dixie Membership best money you ever spent!!!!!!!!!

Bguild

Membership acquired! Dumped an extra $10 on the non-members weekend pass, but $30 is still very reasonable!!

BLT

Is the Dinosaur CSI presentation on Friday evening geared more towards children or adults? 

Kurt Komoda

Cool! I'm going Sunday and Monday. Never been to Penn Dixie and figured this would be a good introduction.

Malcolmt

Shaping up to be  a great weekend at "Dig with the Experts"  There's about 150 excavator bucket load piles out (and off limits till then) weathering nicely for the dig . The rain today is a good start to that process. You can just see about 10 of the piles at the top[ left of the picture.

Kurt I will be there Monday till 3:00 as well !!!!!!!!

5cc383961ff7b_Croppedexcavator.thumb.jpg.c9f8f19186b415803ad303ff816de860.jpg

Although Jay would not allow me in the "Dig With The Experts area I did work on a little bench with Jay and Don and I took home about 8 complete bugs in around 4 hours  including a killer prone and a complete greenops. Jay got a quite large bela , a shame it was missing some skin because Don smashed it a bit too hard!!!!!! Managed to use the saw a bit and surprisingly it started first time after sitting in a Canadian winter garage with half a tank of gas in it.....

I may be wrong but last I heard there were about 25 tickets left for Sunday... and Saturday is sold out..... not that that is a surprise

BLT
4 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Shaping up to be  a great weekend at "Dig with the Experts"  

I can hardly wait!!! :megdance:

DevonianDigger
8 hours ago, BLT said:

Is the Dinosaur CSI presentation on Friday evening geared more towards children or adults? 

I believe it I catered toward adults but Joe does a great job of making things engaging and entertaining for all audiences.e

Kurt Komoda
On 4/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, Malcolmt said:

Kurt I will be there Monday till 3:00 as well !!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you! 

Fossil-Hound

@Kurt Komoda please say hello to @DevonianDigger and @Malcolmt for me. Those guys are the best. Have fun up there. Jay will show you the really good spots. Just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't sneak away any of your slabs. <_<

DevonianDigger
3 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@Kurt Komoda please say hello to @DevonianDigger and @Malcolmt for me. Those guys are the best. Have fun up there. Jay will show you the really good spots. Just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't sneak away any of your slabs. <_<

Yeah, lord knows I'm hurting for PD material, lol.