It looks like a replica to my eyes. But more close up pictures would be best for a final decision.

Can you provide any information on this piece at all?!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

That's an ichthyosaur from germany or UK.

Strata is lower jurassic (lias epsilon, Schwarzjura).

Could be replica, but there are quite a lot of originals around in several collections, so that it is possible to get an original as well.

That piece seems to be a juvi.

As already said close-up pictures are needed and for sure an original would be more expensive than just some bucks...;)

• I found this Informative 2

At the current price it is and the way described it must be a replica. The thread title is ichthyosaurier which is German for ichthyosaur/us. :) of course if it is life size it would probably be a juvi but if a replica it may well not be life size. There were small ichthys too. 

It's definetly a replica. Just look how bad the paddle looks compared to a real one(first picture). Picture is from the internet.

image.png.1ac556e8878bea22d83fdb782dff61ed.pngimage.png.16675f19c78f6eb2dc01357af7c053fb.png

1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

It's definetly a replica. Just look how bad the paddle looks compared to a real one(first picture). Picture is from the internet.

image.png.1ac556e8878bea22d83fdb782dff61ed.pngimage.png.16675f19c78f6eb2dc01357af7c053fb.png

Didn’t pick that up. Boy, that’s rough!

• I found this Informative 1

Even to my untrained eye I can say replica!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Well, that points in the direction of replica.

But you need to know that older originals were cutted out of the matrix and putted into "more visible/beautiful" matrix. So this kind of preparation can be seen on originals, too.

With this piece it was tried to copy this imo:

first it was made a cast (you can see that by the bubbles all over the "fossil" and that there are no sutures on the bones and no different colour between bone and matrix and so on..).

second this one was cutted out and put into original matrix (IMO to suggest a more "real" fossil).

So imo you would get a cast and original matrix...

• I found this Informative 3