Dawghouse05

I think you're right, but could you give their size ? I Don't know that money's size.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

6 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

I think you're right, but could you give their size ? I Don't know that money's size.

Approximately 1 1/4”

Without a complete root it would be hard to tell, but a photo of reverse side would help. Thanks.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you, so it would make it about 3 centimeters.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Cropped rotated, and brightened.

Are there any serrations present on the second tooth? 

980F4CA5-F479-40BF-9E69-3720983A7855.thumb.jpeg.de7d2fc0fa4b253eb0cdde083d0c3a2e.jpeg

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

1 hour ago, Bronzviking said:

Without a complete root it would be hard to tell, but a photo of reverse side would help. Thanks.

7E9B2E50-4C4E-4AE5-AF49-8ECA0731CBEE.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Cropped rotated, and brightened.

Are there any serrations present on the second tooth? 

980F4CA5-F479-40BF-9E69-3720983A7855.thumb.jpeg.de7d2fc0fa4b253eb0cdde083d0c3a2e.jpeg

No there isn’t . 

Looks similar to a small calvert meg i'd found from the most recent picture. Could be one in my opinion. Just a very damaged root

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

The thickness and suggestion of a bourlette are meg-like, but unless the serrations are worn off without a trace, it's not.
To me, its morphology resembles what was once called Oxyrhina desorii, but that is too old a species for the site (AFAIK).

• I found this Informative 2

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

6 minutes ago, Auspex said:

The thickness and suggestion of a bourlette are meg-like, but unless the serrations are worn off without a trace, it's not.
To me, its morphology resembles what was once called Oxyrhina desorii, but that is too old a species for the site (AFAIK).

Quite possible it was dredged from the river bottom at one time. That would make sense . Thanks for the knowledge 

It could just be well worn. Some md megs are like that.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

2 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

It could just be well worn. Some md megs are like that.

It seems natural smooth and it’s almost round on one side. Quite thicker than the mako teeth . 

8 minutes ago, Dawghouse05 said:

It seems natural smooth and it’s almost round on one side. Quite thicker than the mako teeth . 

Have you thought of the possibility of a parotodus benedeni (false mako) ?  That root is cocked off to the side quite a bit and some of the tooth positions are almost vertical.  I only mention it because the enamel of the tooth runs so deep on the back of the tooth.  Here are a few examples of 'makos' from Savannah.  The lowers can be quite robust. Just tossing that out there ... you know to confuse things.

Mako_Savannah_GA.jpg.dea2703189797e407834124ae45df8ea.jpg

Cheers,

Brett

• I found this Informative 2

28 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Have you thought of the possibility of a parotodus benedeni (false mako) ?  That root is cocked off to the side quite a bit and some of the tooth positions are almost vertical.  I only mention it because the enamel of the tooth runs so deep on the back of the tooth.  Here are a few examples of 'makos' from Savannah.  The lowers can be quite robust. Just tossing that out there ... you know to confuse things.

Mako_Savannah_GA.jpg.dea2703189797e407834124ae45df8ea.jpg

Cheers,

Brett

Deer Brett, thanks for the added confusion :) I can’t say what it is with any certainty but it’s way different than the makos I have . Much thicker. Tomorrow’s a very low tide and hopefully I’ll find that elusive meg I’ve been hunting for . Got tones of fossils, horse teeth , whale bones,  verts of all shapes and sizes and tons of teeth. Thanks for the input and I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes . And I’m going to take this tooth to a local pro I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Dawghouse05 said:

Deer Brett, thanks for the added confusion :) I can’t say what it is with any certainty but it’s way different than the makos I have . Much thicker. Tomorrow’s a very low tide and hopefully I’ll find that elusive meg I’ve been hunting for . Got tones of fossils, horse teeth , whale bones,  verts of all shapes and sizes and tons of teeth. Thanks for the input and I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes . And I’m going to take this tooth to a local pro I guess. 

Perfect ! ... I'll be the idiot carrying way too much gear tomorrow (I decided to try bringing the 'big' sifter) and probably freezing ... give your boat horn a hoot as you go by.  I'll be on foot.

Cheers,

Brett

12 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Perfect ! ... I'll be the idiot carrying way too much gear tomorrow (I decided to try bringing the 'big' sifter) and probably freezing ... give your boat horn a hoot as you go by.  I'll be on foot.

Cheers,

Brett

Argh , I have no boat . I’ll be on cockspur wishing I was on shark tooth island 

8 hours ago, Dawghouse05 said:

Argh , I have no boat . I’ll be on cockspur wishing I was on shark tooth island 

Thought I’d finally found one today . Did find a whale ear and a partial . Few nice teeth as well . 

4C06981B-11D2-4848-B787-BE3E4BADE621.jpeg