Are there any places to find shark teeth and fossils in Orlando?

Colehaa

Me and my friend recently got into looking for shark teeth and fossils and after coming back from a tour at peace river I am dying to find more shark teeth and fossils but I live in central Orlando close to universal.  Does anyone know if there are any spots in the Orlando area or close that we can go sifting for shark teeth or fossils, Ive searched everyone online and cant seem to find any closed to me.  I just bought equipment yesterday to build a good sift and it looks pretty great and I want to put it to good use if someone could help me find spots close to me that would be amazing :)

Can't help, but just wanted to say "Hi, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco." :)

And good luck, of course. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

13 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Can't help, but just wanted to say "Hi, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco." :)

And good luck, of course. 

Thanks kinda new here but this seems to be a really great place for those interested in fossils and sharing finds.

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Colehaa said:

Thanks kinda new here but this seems to be a really great place for those interested in fossils and sharing finds.

Indeed it is.

In fact I'm rather surprised that nobody has come in with some useful suggestions for you yet. 

Put 'Orlando teeth' into the search feature and see what comes up. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

You have the Orlando Fossil club close: Ask them

Meetings are held 3rd Saturday of the month at the
Orlando Science Center. Unless otherwise noted

https://www.floridafossilhunters.com/

I believe that the answer to your question is going to be "No".  I have hunted frequently with 2 different friends who travel the distance from Orlando to the Peace River watershed. They have hunted for years and have never indicated any fossil experience close to their home.

If you find out,  PLEASE add the answer here so future fossil hunters in and around Orlando are helped.   Shellseeker

@ColehaaJust took a look on TFF for old threads.. Lots asking, this is one of the better responses:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

9 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

You have the Orlando Fossil club close: Ask them

Meetings are held 3rd Saturday of the month at the
Orlando Science Center. Unless otherwise noted

https://www.floridafossilhunters.com/

I believe that the answer to your question is going to be "No".  I have hunted frequently with 2 different friends who travel the distance from Orlando to the Peace River watershed. They have hunted for years and have never indicated any fossil experience close to their home.

If you find out,  PLEASE add the answer here so future fossil hunters in and around Orlando are helped.   Shellseeker

@ColehaaJust took a look on TFF for old threads.. Lots asking, this is one of the better responses:

Thanks I be wanting to know where to go for these clubs I hear a lot about them I will definitely be going to check it out thanks.

This is the one month that has 5 Saturday’s My luck haha I missed it,  I’m probably gonna do a trip to peace river and check out a bunch of areas near it like shell creek and other rivers to kill time