Peace River Unknown

Sacha

Last week I went to a little spot in the Peace that I can dig at high water levels. Found very few things, but wondered if anyone has an idea of what the little bone in the lower left corner of the picture is.

DSCF1582.thumb.jpg.8f3a2aba5200bebeaa99aec202c96b56.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I don't know, but nice little meg in the center. I personally like the little ones like that!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

John,

Good to see you got out.  I did not attempt it last week, but have gone out this week on Monday and Wednesday. Clearly a toe bone from all angles Except that 2 pronged edge. That is unusual, I have never seen it previously.. At this point, I just start searching the net with "toe bone" and the usual suspects:  dillo, glyptodon, tapir, etc

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

This photo from the web made me wonder, especially leftmost picture... I do not think yours is "coossified"

SlothProximalPhalanx.JPG.5eaf499905055682deda34b57f985d29.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Yes Jack. This looks like a flattened medial phalanx of a 2 toed animal, but that isn't very likely. It may be modern as well.

This odd bone may be a 'gator intercentrum.

5c944cc369b83_gatorintercentrum.JPG.33ab451d9e540c13f6db6347dd9bb9a2.JPGcroc_parts_intercentrum.JPG.25715f429d6f96cf3582115dedb746ce.JPG

"It is from an alligator. In gators the first neck vertebra, the atlas, does not fuse and remains three separate pieces of bone. This is one of them, called the intercentrum."  ---Richard Hulbert
---------
It seems that the crocodilians alone, among higher vertebrates, retain a primitive amphibian structure of the atlas. The atlas is the only place in higher vertebrates where an intercentrum occurs. The other two bones are the pleurocentra.

• I found this Informative 7

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest