Lance formation tooth

gturner333

I found this  tooth in some matrix from the Lance formation in Wyoming. It doesn't have any serrations and it isn't as round as most of the crocodile teeth I have found. Any ideas? The scale is 1mm. Thanks.

tooth 6 bot.jpg

tooth 6 top.jpg

tooth 6 edge 1.jpg

tooth 6 side 2.jpg

tooth 6 side 1.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Its a theropod Premaxillary tooth.  Good chance its Tyrannosaurid because of shape and lack of serrations.  Nice find.

• I found this Informative 3

I just ran across some pics of Tyrannosaurus Premaxillary teeth. Could it actually be from the King itself? What other therapods have teeth like this in the Lance?

55 minutes ago, gturner333 said:

I just ran across some pics of Tyrannosaurus Premaxillary teeth. Could it actually be from the King itself? What other therapods have teeth like this in the Lance?

It could be Rex but more of a probability of being Nanotyrannus.   With that shape and lack of serrations hard to point to other theropods in the Lance.  Dromaeosaurid's would have at least on edge serrated and would be a bit curved and leaner.

• I found this Informative 1

I think the cross section view (first photo) also shows it to be too wide for a dromaeosaur.  I am on board for a small tyrannosaur.  Nice find.