fossilsonwheels

So I bought an inexpensive 2 inch Angustidens tooth from the auction site that shall not be named. The seller generously sent a couple of free teeth as well. One of them has me quite perplexed. It is a fairly large tooth, around 1.6 inches. It has some nice serrations on it and a pretty distinct looking root. The only thing I could think of is that it looks a little large Thresher shark teeth. I would certainly be surprised if the seller had included a Giant Thresher shark tooth with my purchase so I doubt that is what it is. I really could not find anything else that fit but I am sure somebody here will be to enlighten me. I have no information about where it was collected but I can email the seller.  Any help would be appreciated :)

20190323_181451-1.jpg

20190323_181127-1.jpg

It could be an angustidens or a meg, but given the cusps and the fact it came with other angys, I would say it is more likely an angustidens. It’s a posterior, which is why it’s bent in the way it is. Keep an eye out though, I have bought a cheap giant thresher labeled as meg.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason