Alongthehike

Hello everyone! My name is Jasper and I live in Vancouver Island in Victoria. I’m very very new to this hobby, but am really enjoying it! I’m hoping to make some friends and learn some cool things. I would love to be able to go on adventures with some like-minded folks. 

Welcome to TFF Jasper! If you're looking to learn and to meet other fossil folk, you've come to the right place. I think you'll find that this is the best place around for help identifying fossils, learning about new fossils, and making fossil friends. I've been here a few years now and some of the best friends I've found have been people I've met on these very threads!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

That is great to hear! I have come across this forum a few times, I am glad to have made the decision to join. 

Do you you know how I would go about getting in touch with people who are also in my area?

I would check out the thread here:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/forum/155-british-columbia/

The forum has different boards for different geographic areas. The people posting and sharing fossil locations in this thread are likely within the area.

Other people will say hello as well and you might find they are from the area. But you may want to put a post on that board saying that you're looking for other members in your area.

Hope that helps!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Welcome to the forum from New York!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Welcome from Romania ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library