Reputable Sellers

PurpleLoxodont

Hi, I'm new to this site so apologies if i'm doing anything wrong, but i'm interested in purchasing amber with inclusions from the internet, I understand UKGE is a reputable UK online seller and this led me to online. I then found several other amber pieces with beautiful inclusions and I just wondered if anyone could help to point me in the direction of some good sellers. Many thanks :)

Generally speaking, I think the forum tries to avoid openly endorsing any dealers. That being said, there might be some members who have some pieces they would sell. Welcome to the forum!!

• I found this Informative 2

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Hi and welcome to the forum!  It’s generally against forum policy to name dealers directly and/or to link to websites regarding the same as DevonianDigger has mentioned. Posting images for identification/authentication is fine as long as no websites or sellers are mentioned or copyrights violated. @Fossildude19I can send you a pm of a dealer whom I trust if you wish. I’m fairly certain that is allowed?

• I found this Informative 1

@bcfossilcollector

PMs are allowed. Feel free to PM suggestions to the OP. :) 

We generally just don't wish to publicly endorse any  commercial dealers on the open Forums.  ;)                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I have one item in particular i'd like to know the validity of, if anyone could dm me and help me find if this is a reputable buyer I would be very grateful!

You are more than welcome to post images of the fossil in question, to determine authenticity. This is the more relevant issue. ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

s-l1600.jpgThis particular listing is also from China, idk if that makes it more or less likely to be reputable

2 hours ago, PurpleLoxodont said:

s-l1600.jpgThis particular listing is also from China, idk if that makes it more or less likely to be reputable

No immediate red flags on this piece. A lot of fake ones will be very obvious, such as being free of debris and having a large and perfect insect inside. A lot of amber tends to be cheap, so I would always recommend buying a cheap piece from a seller and running some tests on it. If you take a look through the forum, there are plenty of posts detailing how to test amber to see if its fake.

• I found this Informative 3

As to your question about China, it is definitely true that Chinese fossils are often faked. However, Myanmar is a very big supplier of amber, known as burmite I believe. Since Myanmar borders China, Chinese sellers are a very big supplier of burmite. So don't let the seller's location discourage any purchase. But as always, it's good to exercise caution.

2 hours ago, connorp said:

So don't let the seller's location discourage any purchase.

As mentioned above, a seller's location is not definitive to authenticity.  Fake fossils have been made on every continent.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On 24/03/2019 at 5:17 PM, bcfossilcollector said:

Hi and welcome to the forum!  It’s generally against forum policy to name dealers directly and/or to link to websites regarding the same as DevonianDigger has mentioned. Posting images for identification/authentication is fine as long as no websites or sellers are mentioned or copyrights violated. @Fossildude19I can send you a pm of a dealer whom I trust if you wish. I’m fairly certain that is allowed?

Bcfossilcollector, if not too much trouble. Would you allow me to contact you via PM too?
I would like to know a trustable dealer, since I'm pretty uncertain on how to buy amber....

2 hours ago, JulianoLPD said:

Bcfossilcollector, if not too much trouble. Would you allow me to contact you via PM too?
I would like to know a trustable dealer, since I'm pretty uncertain on how to buy amber....

Sending pm now

Does anyone know reputable sellers of Burmese Amber which sell to the UK? And would anyone be willing to DM me about the listing/seller I found? Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, PurpleLoxodont said:

Does anyone know reputable sellers of Burmese Amber which sell to the UK? And would anyone be willing to DM me about the listing/seller I found? Thanks in advance

PM me re the seller and I’ll have s look for you :)