Where can I go Fossil Hunting in Oklahoma?

Carson01

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to go fossil hunting in Oklahoma? I tried looking everywhere but don't know where too exactly start. Like what papers do I sign and who do I contact to get permission too. If anyone can help that would be great and thank you for reading this. 

Have a nice day.

Welcome to the Forum. The best place to start is to join a local paleontological society or gem and mineral society. OK Gem and Mineral Society link or the Dallas Paleontological Society which leads trips to southern OK. link.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

1 hour ago, Carson01 said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to go fossil hunting in Oklahoma? I tried looking everywhere but don't know where too exactly start. Like what papers do I sign and who do I contact to get permission too. If anyone can help that would be great and thank you for reading this. 

Have a nice day.

I would encourage you to do a search for fossil sites under Oklahoma here on TFF and then read the articles. Lots of great information available here on TFF in the archives.

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World