contacting smithsonian/natural history museum/experts

Still_human

Would anyone happen to have contact info for anyone in the fossil field at the Smithsonian/Museum of Natural History? Actually, any museum, or "official"(?) expert of the field--Prehistoric whales/Cetus.

Ive tried contacting anyone from the smithsonian website contact form, and through email, but haven't had any luck yet. I know they would be very busy, but as my attempts have only gone to the most general direction, I'm thinking that if the messages even end up getting to the correct people at all, they may not even get the messages for some time. 

The best person to contact is here on TFF...not the Smithsonian, but a published "whale expert".

@Boesse

:D

• I found this Informative 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

46 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Would anyone happen to have contact info for anyone in the fossil field at the Smithsonian/Museum of Natural History? Actually, any museum, or "official"(?) expert of the field--Prehistoric whales/Cetus.

Ive tried contacting anyone from the smithsonian website contact form, and through email, but haven't had any luck yet. I know they would be very busy, but as my attempts have only gone to the most general direction, I'm thinking that if the messages even end up getting to the correct people at all, they may not even get the messages for some time. 

Dave Bohaska is the Smithsonian cetacean guru. You can find his email through the museums website. I also know for a fact he is pro-amateur fossil hunters.

• I found this Informative 1

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

43 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

Try contacting the head vertebrate person, Hans Sues: https://profiles.si.edu/display/nSuesH3222006

Select contact.

What do you mean "select contact"? I didn't see any way to choose contacts, as the link goes specifically to Sues' page.

...And thank you for the help!

1 minute ago, SailingAlongToo said:

Dave Bohaska is the Smithsonian cetacean guru. You can find his email through the museums website. I also know for a fact he is pro-amateur fossil hunters.

Thank you so much!

32 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The best person to contact is here on TFF...not the Smithsonian, but a published "whale expert".

@Boesse

:D

Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, Still_human said:

What do you mean "select contact"? I didn't see any way to choose contacts, as the link goes specifically to Sues' page.

I should have said click on “send message”.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

On 3/26/2019 at 2:54 PM, DPS Ammonite said:

I should have said click on “send message”.

Cool, thanks:) he responded right away. He gave me the email of someone he thought would be able to help.