Possibly marine reptile?

Bong

Hi everyone,

Two days ago, I went to Yaxley lake in Cambridgeshire (UK) and I found a handful of ammonites and belemnites. However, buried in the Oxford Clay with those ammonites and belemnites, I found this odd looking pebble which I was not able to identify (I am only able to tell obvious ones like ammonites, belemnites, bivalve, gastropod etc...). Before I decide to throw this away, I just wanted to ask you all whether this is something worth keeping for or just another random pebble. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I can upload more pictures if you need so please let me know.

Cheers,

Bong

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 27/03/2019 at 3:54 AM, caldigger said:

I must concur. I see nothing that whispers "fossil" at all.

On 27/03/2019 at 1:25 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Looks like random pebble to me. :(

Thanks for your help! I got rid of it :0

9 minutes ago, Bong said:

Thanks for your help! I got rid of it :0

Nooo!!!  You can't expect to be a member of the elite "hoarders" club if you go tossing stuff away!

Most of us have boxes of stuff filling every cubby in the house and garage. Piles of unidentifiable bones and what-nots we will never really do anything with, but won't get rid of it cause it's something, even though we don't know what. 

That's how "Rock Gardens" got their start. ;)

• I found this Informative 2

13 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Nooo!!!  You can't expect to be a member of the elite "hoarders" club if you go tossing stuff away!

Most of us have boxes of stuff filling every cubby in the house and garage. Piles of unidentifiable bones and what-nots we will never really do anything with, but won't get rid of it cause it's something, even though we don't know what. 

That's how "Rock Gardens" got their start. ;)

HAHAHA yes by 'getting rid of', I meant thrown into a box full of unidentifiable rocks and pebbles instead of my display shelf.