Fake dinosaur eggs

I have just come across some newly made fake dinosaur eggs from Ganzhou, China.  Ganzhou has a large number of dinosaur eggs dug out from development sites but recently some people are producing fake eggs and sell them at a high price with real eggs from Ganzhou.  Take a look of the fake eggs.

IMG_9411.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

IMG_9407.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

Real egg example in photo after some more preparation would look very similar to examples marked as fake (anyway, from these pics I'm not sure why you think those are fake, too "good preservation"?). Send it over, I'll blast it for ya. :P

1 hour ago, aeon.rocks said:

Real egg example in photo after some more preparation would look very similar to examples marked as fake (anyway, from these pics I'm not sure why you think those are fake, too "good preservation"?). Send it over, I'll blast it for ya. :P

Why I think those are fake?  Because the seller told me that these eggs are made by local "manufacturer".  Compared to the real eggs, one might be able to see the unnatural ornamentation on the shells.

• I found this Informative 1

14 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

Why I think those are fake?  Because the seller told me that these eggs are made by local "manufacturer".  Compared to the real eggs, one might be able to see the unnatural ornamentation on the shells.

Only in hand or with good pics. And then again, still, if indeed fake casts, could fool many experienced collectors. 

The first pic looks like it has a barely disguised seam running down the middle.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Holy Cow!  Some really good lookin fakes!   It almost pays NOT to buy any more dino eggs! 

RB

My best advice buy from someone who you can trust, also I prep all my own eggs I obtain to me this does take a lot of time but I know for sure then that they are real.

• 2 years later...
On 3/31/2019 at 10:13 AM, Haravex said:

My best advice buy from someone who you can trust, also I prep all my own eggs I obtain to me this does take a lot of time but I know for sure then that they are real.

How do you get your hands on unprepped eggs?

Greetings! 

Nice example of fake Ganzhou eggs! This type of eggs started circulating in the market since this summer, I am not sure whether this type of fake eggs are circulating in overseas market already or not.  

On 11/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Agent_Zigzag said:

Greetings! 

Nice example of fake Ganzhou eggs! This type of eggs started circulating in the market since this summer, I am not sure whether this type of fake eggs are circulating in overseas market already or not.  

Have not come across any like this in overseas market yet. Hope they start circulating overseas too though, because for the right price I'ld buy a fake like this - and I still have doubts, that these are fake completely. I can see some areas where there is possible restoration, but the specimens appear real. Casts? What we see in overseas market are C and F grade eggs, these if real are A grade quality preservation.

Edited by aeon.rocks