Trying to access Pinecrest beds PDF

minnbuckeye

Would anyone have access to

Gastropods Upper Pliocene Pinecrest Beds.pdf

Bivalves Upper Pliocene Pinecrest Beds.pdf

I have just returned from Florida and need to begin IDing my finds. These would likely be helpful!

3 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Would anyone have access to

I have just returned from Florida and need to begin IDing my finds. These would likely be helpful!

Something must be broken....I get this error also when trying to get Mike's files...maybe an admin can explain...

5c9ee6fa9ef08_Errormsg.jpg.2acabc60650bd34a7264dd4740b2764d.jpg

But I downloaded these awhile back from the site... I'm not sure if they are the same versions/copies but might get you going. .

@MikeR

Regards, Chris 

Edited by Plantguy
added screen shot of error

7 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Something must be broken....I get this error also when trying to get Mike's files...maybe an admin can explain...

They are links that don't lead to anything. 

He may have copied them from somewhere they were linked originally, and the links are now broken. 

I've removed the broken links. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

They are links that don't lead to anything. 

He may have copied them from somewhere they were linked originally, and the links are now broken. 

I've removed the broken links. ;) 

Thanks Tim, if MikeR sees this maybe he'll remember how he did it...think I got them from downloading off of his blog entry but I am not sure.

Regards, Chris 

I think it is the result of changing over to the latest server as many of the links on the older posts no longer work.  I have been making changes to the list as I have added to my gallery LINK and I have attached the most recent version below.  The Gastropods Orders are updated to Neogastropoda.  I am presently capturing images for Muricidae which will add some additional species not listed.  I left my notes in Buccinidae which will require some time on my part to document the recent taxonomic changes to the family.  A few changes have been made to Bivalvia mostly in Pectinidae but a deep dive will have to wait until after my updates to Gastropoda.  I have yet to add additions to the corals and echinoids.  Since the closing of SMR, I have been collecting in the coral reef facies of the Tamiami Formation and once I include the new coral species in my collection, it should triple the amount in the list.

Mike

Tamiami Formation 033019.docx

• I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Thanks @MikeR and @Plantguy. You have already helped me to ID some specimens. When done trying to ID and then posting my finds, PLEASE feel free to correct as many of my likely mistakes as possible!! 

Also, I have tried to use the University of Florida's website, but can not get pictures to show up. What would I be doing wrong, or does it not include photos of species?

Mike

19 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Also, I have tried to use the University of Florida's website, but can not get pictures to show up. What would I be doing wrong, or does it not include photos of species?

Hi Mike

Are you referring to the FLMNH Invertebrate Paleontology Database LINK?  If so, not all entries will have images.  When you run a query, there will be an image field denoting an image if present.  Clicking on that field will show the details window and there is a tab to see the image.

Mike

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

@MikeR, yes that is what I was referring to. Apparently the specimens I was looking at just didn't have images!