Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

Here is a fun project that originally got started with a dino named Gorgeous George. It would have been great until someone decided they didn't want to play and took their ball home! :(

This is how it will be played. In a package will be a small dinosaur ( Sara the Ceratopian ) along with a few fossil related items. When you receive Sara, take a picture of her in your fossil collection, at a dig site or local landmark to record her journey. She will have her diary with her so please write a very brief message in it for posterity, as it will travel with her and other receivers can read your note.

Kindly take one item and one only ( not Sara!) for yourself and replace it with something small fossil related from your collection to send onto the next member.

It will be similar to geo-caching.

Take an item/ leave an item.

Once you send the parcel off to the next person, please post the picture of Sara at your leg of her journey.

We would like to keep this going around the world, so if you ask to be a part of her travels please keep the game going.  Lets see how much if the world she can visit.  George didn't get too far!

SARA THE CERATOPSIAN

20190330_182739.jpg

Add your name to the list if you want to play. Members that have already recieved Sara will check their name off the list as we go.

Please contact the next member going up the list for their shipping information.

https://flask.io/Vo8Y4p1Bspho

• I found this Informative 11

I'm in .. let's do this .... I'm ok with international shipments.

Cheers,

Brett

• Enjoyed 1

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

That's the idea Hong. We want her to travel the world!!!

Nice! I hope i can show her Seoul.

The question is how do we decide where it goes next?  Pick names from a bowl similar to the Secret Santa thing or have the reciever decide who is next? 

It will have to be sent to people that actually want to play it. 

• I found this Informative 2

Maybe we could create a master document .. a GoogleDrive spread-sheet with name/address. Indication of where she is at the moment.  We could just go in order ? .. using the signup sheet as an itinerary of sorts.  The Hyperlink can be stored here in the post and be open to editing from anyone that uses it ? .. and wants to participate.

You look at the next person on the list .. send it away.

Cheers,

Brett 

PS. I could set that up if need be.

To be fair, it was Florian ( Abstraktum) that wanted to start up a new one and therefore should be the first recipient of Sara and her luggage.

@Abstraktum

• I found this Informative 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Sara The Traveling Ceratopsian
1 minute ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Maybe we could create a master document .. a GoogleDrive spread-sheet with name/address. Indication of where she is at the moment.  We could just go in order ? .. using the signup sheet as an itinerary of sorts.  The Hyperlink can be stored here in the post and be open to editing from anyone that uses it ?

Cheers,

Brett 

Um, I personally don't have the technical knowhow to pull that off, nor the power to edit something beyond the 24 hour limit.

Might we ( you!) take this matter up with the admins?

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

Um, I personally don't have the technical knowhow to pull that off, nor the power to edit something beyond the 24 hour limit.

Might we ( you!) take this matter up with the admins?

No worries .. I can set it up now and you can imbed the link in your first post up above ? ... if you want. No need to worry about the post edit limit ... we will be editing the document via GoogleDrive.  I 'think' you don't need an account to edit share-able links.

Let's try it shall we ?

I'll set up the link .... you let me know if you can see and edit the file.

Cheers,

Brett

PS. BRB

1 minute ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

PS. BRB

Sorry, I'm not young enough to speak abbreviation. :shrug:

23 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Sorry, I'm not young enough to speak abbreviation. :shrug:

Haha ... but you are so funny ! ... (BRB- Be Right Back)  Trust me my students help me with the hard stuff.

Here is the link:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dA8bWlCUHZvw9FNVdQAlDHJjEvrRCb8EbLzPk9j_aZk/edit?usp=sharing

Can everyone see and edit it ?

Cheers,

Brett

PS. Sorry for the quick edits ... I needed to update the template.

Just now, caldigger said:

It is wanting me to purchase the app. :shakehead:

Purchase the app ? ... ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... darn.

It costs something.

Not cool.

Are you on a desktop ? .. I'm guessing not.

Boo .. no fun

Just noticed the picture looks like Sara dropped a coprolite on my finger which isnt really there.

20190330_191717.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Are you sure that Sara isn't Gorgeous George wearing a cow-shark symphyseal as a bonnet, for disguise? Very clever, those dinos.

We will be happy to take Sara to a classroom sometime with us and have the students meet her ! We are in. Sounds fun.

I'm really happy to welcome Sara on her first stop throughout her worldtour here in beautiful Munich :) 

Please count me in, too!  I'll have to convince Viola not to keep Sara when she arrives, though - she love toys A LOT! :P

10 hours ago, caldigger said:

Sara dropped a coprolite on my finger which isnt really there.

Oh my! How did you lose your finger? Was it a fossil related accident?

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See