Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

IMG_8626.thumb.JPG.e5de4fb190d8574b9faa311d8898dabd.JPG

Sara immediately thought of her old friend Archie the Archelon when she saw his favorite snack.

• I found this Informative 4

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

IMG_8627.thumb.JPG.a31b13cf0e5c5721fd6c309a23c3940c.JPG

Sara posing behind a gorgeous complete fossil clam (Mactra stultorum plistoneerlandica, Eem Formation, Eemian late Pleistocene)

IMG_8620.thumb.JPG.240acdaab9eecf043aeb3f38d3e07231.JPG

Sara standing on my best find of the day, and my best find ever! A complete mammoth molar (Mammuthus primigenius, Weichselian late Pleistocene)

So clearly Sara had a fantastic day, and so did I! We made a bunch of other cool finds that day, which I will share later, so she definitely seems to be a very good fossil hunting companion!

I'll post some more pictures of her adventures here in The Hague soon, but there isn't a great lot... She indeed had a nice, long, and well-deserved rest here.

However she does feel ready to depart to her next destination this weekend, so I must book her flight now!

• I found this Informative 12

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

2 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Sara standing on my best find of the day, and my best find ever! A complete mammoth molar (Mammuthus primigenius, Weichselian late Pleistocene)

WOW, Max!!!  What an amazing find!!!  Congrats to both you and Sara!!! :yay-smiley-1:

2 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Wow Sara was brought you some good luck thar is stunning. Congratulations both 

2 minutes ago, Monica said:

WOW, Max!!!  What an amazing find!!!  Congrats to both you and Sara!!! :yay-smiley-1:

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

Wow Sara was brought you some good luck thar is stunning. Congratulations both 

Thanks! We still can't believe how lucky we got :default_faint:

I'll post some better pictures of it, along with the other finds, hopefully tomorrow in the Fossil Hunting Trips thread :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

34 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Thanks! We still can't believe how lucky we got :default_faint:

I'll post some better pictures of it, along with the other finds, hopefully tomorrow in the Fossil Hunting Trips thread :) 

Sara indeed is an excellent fossil hunter :dinothumb: Congrats on the finds, Max :)

14 hours ago, Randyw said:

Wow! A complete molar! Amazing! :envy:

14 hours ago, Kasia said:

Sara indeed is an excellent fossil hunter :dinothumb: Congrats on the finds, Max :)

11 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Wow! What a tooth! Sara is certainly your lucky charm!!

Thanks a lot everyone! :D 

10 hours ago, caldigger said:

So since Sara helped you find it,  is the molar going into her cache box? :default_rofl:

If it fits, sure :P 

Max Derème

On 24/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, Max-fossils said:

IMG_8627.thumb.JPG.a31b13cf0e5c5721fd6c309a23c3940c.JPG

Sara posing behind a gorgeous complete fossil clam (Mactra stultorum plistoneerlandica, Eem Formation, Eemian late Pleistocene)

So clearly Sara had a fantastic day, and so did I! We made a bunch of other cool finds that day, which I will share later, so she definitely seems to be a very good fossil hunting companion!

I'll post some more pictures of her adventures here in The Hague soon, but there isn't a great lot... She indeed had a nice, long, and well-deserved rest here.

However she does feel ready to depart to her next destination this weekend, so I must book her flight now!

Acomplete Mammoth tooth ! Wow !

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Can I have Sara a second time? Need to bring her to Solnhofen quarry. Maybe I'll find an Archeopteryx with her :P

• I found this Informative 4

On 10/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, Max-fossils said:

Epic find! I think that Sara may have helped you to find the winner of the fossil of the month contest, or at least a worthy entry! :zzzzscratchchin:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

On 10/27/2019 at 3:10 AM, FossilNerd said:

Epic find! I think that Sara may have helped you to find the winner of the fossil of the month contest, or at least a worthy entry! :zzzzscratchchin:

Thanks! And I agree completely; in fact, I'm including the find as an entry now! :fingerscrossed:

Max Derème

7 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Thanks! And I agree completely; in fact, I'm including the find as an entry now! :fingerscrossed:

I just saw it! Woohoo! Congrats on the awesome find! :yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

23 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

I just saw it! Woohoo! Congrats on the awesome find! :yay-smiley-1:

Thank you, really appreciate it! 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:38 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice find, Sara! :)

She's good, isn't she ;) 

On 10/26/2019 at 4:12 AM, fifbrindacier said:

Acomplete Mammoth tooth ! Wow !

:D

On 10/26/2019 at 10:18 PM, Abstraktum said:

Can I have Sara a second time? Need to bring her to Solnhofen quarry. Maybe I'll find an Archeopteryx with her :P

I'll ask Sara if she plans on going back to Munich anytime soon... 

• I found this Informative 3

Max Derème

• 1 month later...

Max was going to post her near the end of October. 

But I reckon that he decided to keep her after that mammoth molar find. ^_^

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Hey guys, sorry for not updating on what's been happening, but Sara has been sent out to her next destination a few weeks ago already...

@thelivingdead531, did Sara arrive yet?

• I found this Informative 3

Max Derème

On 12/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Max was going to post her near the end of October. 

But I reckon that he decided to keep her after that mammoth molar find. ^_^

He figured she was good luck for his fossil finds so Max kept her around until he finished his school exams in hopes of improving his scores. :fingerscrossed: ;)

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

He figured she was good luck for his fossil finds so Max kept her around for his school exams in hopes of improving his scores. :fingerscrossed: ;)

I'm starting to think I should've done that! :P 

But that means she would've stayed till mid-January with me...

Max Derème