Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

On 12/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, Max-fossils said:

Hey guys, sorry for not updating on what's been happening, but Sara has been sent out to her next destination a few weeks ago already...

@thelivingdead531, did Sara arrive yet?

Sara is here, safe and sound! She’s helping me unpack the house as we speak. ^_^ We have some plans with her for this weekend, as long as we’re not snowed in lol.

• I found this Informative 4

14 minutes ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Sara is here, safe and sound! She’s helping me unpack the house as we speak. ^_^ We have some plans with her for this weekend, as long as we’re not snowed in lol.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send her my love. 

And that of Tidgy and wifey too. 

We all miss her. 

Missed you too, Candace, hope everything is working out nicely up in the ice. 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

11 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send her my love. 

And that of Tidgy and wifey too. 

We all miss her. 

Missed you too, Candace, hope everything is working out nicely up in the ice. 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) 

I will give her you and your family’s love. And she says she misses you too. I’ve missed this place and people, I haven’t had much of a chance to be on here lately. And yes, it can be pretty cold here so I’ve isolated myself in the house. :D Sara also does not care for the snow.

image.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

You could take her snowshoeing :):P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

8 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

You could take her snowshoeing :):P

She approves of this activity.

20191212_155905.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

On 12/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, thelivingdead531 said:

She approves of this activity.

20191212_155905.jpg

I just don't understand why you guys in the Northeast flock your yards every year.  Isn't it hard to clean off in the Spring?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Great to see Sara back in action! :) 

Just a little question: 

Can someone color in a world map to show to what citys / countrys Sara already has been? :)

I honestly lost track and this would be a great ways to visualise Saras journey :D

• I found this Informative 3

6 hours ago, Randyw said:

Yay! Sara is back!

is it weird that we are all getting attached to a dinosaurs travels?

Not at all. Our ancestors were all nomads at some point. :)

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

• 2 weeks later...

Will Sara be assisting with the opening of your Santa exchange gifts Candace? :D

I know how she really enjoys opening packages.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 12/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, caldigger said:

Will Sara be assisting with the opening of your Santa exchange gifts Candace? :D

I know how she really enjoys opening packages.

She did help me open my secret Santa gift, however in my excitement I forgot to take photos to document it.:(

Sera has had a fun time here, though I'm sad to say she didn't get to go on any collecting trips with me. She will be moving on to her new host next week. 

She got to explore my fossil collection (where she made amends with the T-rex), saw the Curt Gowdy State Park in Wyoming, and sat atop Large Dog (aka Ellie). She will be greatly missed in this household, but she deserves to explore more of this world. 

Screenshot_20200101-140249_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140116_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140217_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140310_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140408_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140425_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-140444_Gallery.jpg

• I found this Informative 10
  • Enjoyed 1

6 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Nice to see that Sara at least got to take in a bit of fresh air along with some beautiful scenery.

It really was a beautiful place. My husband is usually gone for 5 days every 2 or 3 he has off, so we got to explore between snow storms (where highways are closed when it snows 6 inches and high winds). The rock formations were spectacular. 

Screenshot_20200101-154056_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-154115_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-154154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-154214_Gallery.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Morocco misses you, Sara! 

One imagines England misses you, Candace! 

Lovely scenery around your new home though. 

And nice to see your growing fossil fish collection, Candace.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 1/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Morocco misses you, Sara! 

One imagines England misses you, Candace! 

Lovely scenery around your new home though. 

And nice to see your growing fossil fish collection, Candace.:)

I miss England more than anything. I'm still grieving at my move. We do have some nice places around us but I've been unable to explore much so far. One day I will though, when it's warmer! Yes, my fish collection is still growing happily, though lately I've had to restrain myself from purchasing more. Hopefully this summer I can go to one of the quarries for the Green River Formation and find my own! 

And for everyone else, Sara has been shipped to her next destination! So be on the lookout @snolly50!

1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Sara has been shipped to her next destination!

A boxcar of cabbages is being delivered for her welcoming meal. That and the dried fronds of 6 Palmettos should be adequate provisions for the first couple days. There is also a plenty of delicious lake water to wash it down. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

John, I have a feeling you are going to need a mega sized "Pooper Scooper" after a meal like that. :default_faint:

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

That pile was as big as the host animal.

Maybe it needs to cut back on the fiber a bit!

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 hours ago, caldigger said:

going to need a mega sized "Pooper Scooper"

I have rented a front end loader and am prepared for all foreseeable eventualities of husbandry. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Sara arrived in the hinterlands of SC this afternoon. She was tired from the trip; but ventured down to the lake and drank about 20 gallons of water. I asked why she was so thirsty. Between gulps she reported that Wyoming was nice and that Candace had been a great hostess, but there was "something wrong with the water." Curious, I asked if it tasted bad. "No, Sara said, "It was cold and white and kind of hard. You had to hold it in your mouth a while in order swallow it." I assured her that she would find the climate of SC much closer to her familiar environs.

Making our way back to the house the first creatures Sara encountered were dragons. Although they were scaly and kind of familiar, Sara seemed a little apprehensive. Fortunately, they soon warmed to each other and I left them happily chatting in the living room. I suspect she will turn in early tonight, so further reports will be forthcoming as events of interest transpire. 

DSC_0897acz.thumb.jpg.4b3ba7b67563faa7818d52731e823705.jpg

DSC_0910acz.thumb.jpg.273545fb5c93d208d5fdc5d8ce152d6d.jpg

DSC_0911acz.thumb.jpg.5d908b89844696fb2c8519c458c2898d.jpg

• I found this Informative 8

I really like the through the keyhole look at Zara’s digs. Nice dragons and futuristic lamp?  :ank: