Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

• 2 weeks later...

Sara sure seems to be having a great time with you @fossilsonwheels

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

3 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Sara sure seems to be having a great time with you @fossilsonwheels

Thank you. I like to think she did. We had fun with her for sure and it was just really cool to be part of her journey :)

On 8/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, fossilsonwheels said:

Sara is literally sitting on top of the world today lol 

6FF02FE3-56C1-42FC-BCAE-F0ACA543D71E.jpeg

With every journey Sara makes, the bar is being raised higher in the aspect of attractions and entertainment. I'm afraid once she arrives to visit me, I will have to organise a fossil hunt on the moon to measure up to her expectations :heartylaugh:

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, Kasia said:

With every journey Sara makes, the bar is being raised higher in the aspect of attractions and entertainment. I'm afraid once she arrives to visit me, I will have to organise a fossil hunt on the moon to measure up to her expectations :heartylaugh:

Kasia, perhaps by the time she gets to you, Sara would enjoy a nice rest from all this traveling from place to place.

Jet lag does take a toll!

This isn't a contest to up the last members hosting either. She would love to just get a glimpse of your daily life and tour your fossil collection ( which is what this journey is all about! ).

Although I must say it does seem as though you yourself travel quite extensively.  Maybe you both could use a rest. :)

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Kasia, perhaps by the time she gets to you, Sara would enjoy a nice rest from all this traveling from place to place.

Jet lag does take a toll!

This isn't a contest to up the last members hosting either. She would love to just get a glimpse of your daily life and tour your fossil collection ( which is what this journey is all about! ).

Although I must say it does seem as though you yourself travel quite extensively.  Maybe you both could use a rest. :)

I know it's not a contest, I'm just worried about Sara being "spoiled" by the previous hosts :) with all their excellent "tour-programmes".

Jokes aside, I can't wait to welcome Sara - hosting her would be precisely .... an excuse for another travel :P

She's pretty easy going. I think she will just enjoy your company regardless of what you do. :)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

9 hours ago, Kasia said:

I know it's not a contest, I'm just worried about Sara being "spoiled" by the previous hosts :) with all their excellent "tour-programmes".

Jokes aside, I can't wait to welcome Sara - hosting her would be precisely .... an excuse for another travel :P

I put Sara to work at the museum lol Looks like fun and games but she helped clean my desk and was greeting guests. Hard days work ;)

I will post some pictures of her with my fossils at home too. She starts the next leg of the journey tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, fossilsonwheels said:

She starts the next leg of the journey tomorrow. 

And that's to me in Mississauga/Toronto! :yay-smiley-1:

4 hours ago, Monica said:

And that's to me in Mississauga/Toronto! :yay-smiley-1:

Tell Viola she can't have everything in the box!!!  Only one goodie per host. :)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I've been following this on and off for quite a while, but hadn't paid enough attention to the original post. That's what you get for speed reading! So now I've finally signed up and am looking forward to Sara's visit sometime in 2020 or thereabouts. I'm sure she's going to feel quite at home with Monica and Viola. Is she allowed to eat brownies?

• I found this Informative 3

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

4 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Is she allowed to eat brownies?

Ooo, paleobrownies!

I wonder if I can sneak into the box...so long as they're not hard as a rock. :default_rofl:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

7 hours ago, caldigger said:

Tell Viola she can't have everything in the box!!!  Only one goodie per host. :)

I will indeed pass this message on to Viola - she'll understand - but she'll likely play with Sara quite a bit while Sara's visiting with us. :)

4 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I'm sure she's going to feel quite at home with Monica and Viola. Is she allowed to eat brownies?

Sara will be offered whatever baked good I have in the house when she visits - I currently have some chocolate-butterscotch chip cookies and glazed maple shortbread cookies available, but they'll likely be gone by the time Sara gets here.  Perhaps I'll make brownies for her, or perhaps I'll make something else - I'll ask her what she prefers when she arrives. :P

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

Ooo, paleobrownies!

I wonder if I can sneak into the box...so long as they're not hard as a rock. :default_rofl:

lol

9 hours ago, Monica said:

chocolate-butterscotch chip cookies

Oooo me too me toooooo! Coooookies!:drool:

2 hours ago, Randyw said:

Oh great, now he's opened a home for unwanted cookies!  

P.S. Better save some for me!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Sara has officially left Northern California and is headed to Canada. I am really happy to have been a part of this great adventure. One more reason to love TFF :)

Wish her safe travels and I look forward to seeing her future adventures.

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

:drool:

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

:(

Since there are four of us here, my baking doesn't last as long as it used to when it was just me and Derek.  No need to worry, though - I'll bake something for Sara when she arrives - perhaps she can even help me with my baking!

PS - Roger - the next time you're in town, feel free to swing by for a cookie/brownie - there's always something available on the kitchen counter, and you're more than welcome to help yourself :)

2 hours ago, Randyw said:

33 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Oh great, now he's opened a home for unwanted cookies!  

P.S. Better save some for me!!!

If either of you is ever in town, I'd be happy to bake something for you - just let me know the next time you're in the area :dinothumb:

Well since I have never been north of Virginia on the East coast, it might be a while. :) 

I'm getting my enjoyment from just reading what you are baking. I can only imagine how tasty they are. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG