Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

Praefectus

I just checked Sara's tracking number. It says she is still on her way. Her last update was in a Bulgarian mail facility on August 13th.

• I found this Informative 1
fifbrindacier
On 7/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, Praefectus said:

Sara has been doing some exploring lately. She took a field trip through some of my shelves and had fun walking among the fossils. 

It's a wonderful collection.

But, wait,

217910401_831456474416015_4690723118601330953_n.jpg.136b907b788ec482ab4f4d09fe07e5e8.jpg

Godzilla is strangling Sara !

• Enjoyed 4

But wily Sara has watched enough World Wrestling Foundation wrestling matches on TV to know how to get out of a hold like that. I'm sure she sent that overgrown lizard back to Tokyo with a new found respect for ceratopsians. ;)

Now if she can just put a sleeper hold on those Bulgarian customs agents who are delaying her next arrival, I'm sure we'll hear from her soon.

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 3
  • I Agree 1
Tidgy's Dad
3 hours ago, digit said:

Now if she can just put a sleeper hold on those Bulgarian customs agents 

I'm not sure putting them to sleep would be a terribly good idea.  

• Enjoyed 1

Unless you can then quietly tip-toe out the customs back door and make it to your intended destination. :TongueOut:

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 2
Top Trilo
7 hours ago, digit said:

Unless you can then quietly tip-toe out the customs back door and make it to your intended destination. :TongueOut:

Cheers.

-Ken

I have never heard a ceratopsian quietly tip-toe, I got to go to the post office more often. There's no ceratopsian emoji? :headscratch:

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1
fifbrindacier
20 hours ago, digit said:

Cheers.

-Ken

Here we call that "Filer à l'anglaise".

I'm sure she's smart and skilled enough to do that.

fifbrindacier
On 8/25/2021 at 12:20 AM, Top Trilo said:

I have never heard a ceratopsian quietly tip-toe, I got to go to the post office more often. There's no ceratopsian emoji? :headscratch:

:ank::)

Top Trilo
7 hours ago, fifbrindacier said:

:ank::)

I too thought that may be some sort of ceratopsian when I first saw it but if you hover your mouse over it, it says ank which I assume to be short for Ankylosaurus.

fifbrindacier

You're right !

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just wanted to give an update.

I called this Friday at my local post office, which handles every delivery I have got so far by post, and they still do not have it in the system.

My assumption, much of the personnel is coming back from vacations and the process is really slow. Today is a public holiday (Unification of Bulgaria) and typically one of the last holidays that follow summer vacations. More stuff will return so they will start processing.

I also read similar complains on a FB page for foreigners (Where is my order and so on) so I guess it is a general problem.

If no updates until Friday, I will pass from the local post office.

• I found this Informative 2
Bobby Rico
20 hours ago, Dimitris said:

f no updates until Friday, I will pass from the local post office.

Thanks for letting us know, much appreciated. It would be great if you can chase her up on Friday if she is not arrived.  :thumbsu:

minnbuckeye

Just for some context, @PetrosTrilobite, from Greece, won my auction for the forum and I sent his winnings on June 25th. They still have not arrived.  

Hopefully Sarah and my package are sitting together in the mailroom!

• I found this Informative 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, Dimitris said:

If no updates until Friday, I will pass from the local post office.

Hi I was wondering if there is any news on Sara

Her tracking number last updated on August 16th. It says her parcel was placed in a domestic bag in Sofia, Bulgaria. No updates since :shakehead:

@Dimitris Have you had any luck contacting the local post office?

• I found this Informative 1

Yeap everything is alright. 

After a couple of tries, I spoke with the supervisor of my local post office, she confirmed me that the parcel is in the customs

(No notification, regardless they should have done it....) and I will now go and submit the documents for custom declaration.

PS> Sorry for my late reply, have some ongoing personal issues.

Edited by Dimitris
  • Thank You 1
1 hour ago, Dimitris said:

No notification, regardless they should have done it....) and I will now go and submit the documents for custom declaration.

Thanks for helping to track down Sara, really much appreciated. 

All the best to you .
Cheers Bobby