Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

Darktooth

Just a heads up, Sara arrived at her new destination on Monday. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 1
minnbuckeye

Yes she arrived, but a bit tired from all the activity in New York. So I am resting her until this weekend, when we will travel to Iowa to look for fun things in the rocks.

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 3
Darktooth

Not rushing you Mike. :rolleyes:

:popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

After all of that popcorn, I need to go floss. Then maybe, if @Darktooth and @Tidgy's Dad are good, I will post a picture of Sara just to prove she made it to Minnesota.

Edited by minnbuckeye
  • Enjoyed 1

Yesterday was one of those picture perfect days weather-wise. So Sara and I strolled through our valley enjoying the carpet of bluebells that highlight the awakening of nature in this frozen land known as Minnesota.DSC_0022-001.thumb.JPG.78d59c0bbedfac1819084cd3c06224e4.JPG

Edited by minnbuckeye
  • Enjoyed 7
7 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

After all of that popcorn, I need to go floss. Then maybe, if @Darktooth and @Tidgy's Dad are good, I will post a picture of Sara just to prove she made it to Minnesota.

I can only speak for myself, but of course I am good Mike! Adam on the other hand...........well..........:shrug:

Can anyone help me determine who will be the recipient of Sara next. I looked but was confused.

1 hour ago, minnbuckeye said:

Can anyone help me determine who will be the recipient of Sara next. I looked but was confused.

By the looks of it, @jpc is next on the list. As I understand it, the other 3 before you passed for one reason or another, right @Darktooth ?

1 minute ago, Ludwigia said:

By the looks of it, @jpc is next on the list. As I understand it, the other 3 before you passed for one reason or another, right @Darktooth ?

That was my understanding, Roger.

To clarify for everyone: some of the bypassed members on Sara's list were too busy to host Sara at the time they were contacted. Others were bypassed due to concerns for Sara's safety. Active wars and sweeping sanctions could have ended up with Sara impounded in customs or damaged. Let's hope these concerns disappear soon.

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

wow... I am next.  I had to go back and look at the OP here to see what I signed up for.  Send her my way.  

Sara has been enjoying her stay in Minnesota, finding that the State is, as the sign says, welcoming .............truly Minnesota Nice!!

DSC_0060-001.thumb.JPG.2acd3783424020f98be8f15eafaf7565.JPG

I explained to her that many long lost relatives of hers actually live in this wonderful state so we decided to locate some of them. Our first stop, unfortunately, found no one at home.

DSC_0026-001.thumb.JPG.9a3f36fca5eb11a6a26f02d11b1d6cb1.JPG

Stop #2 was more successful. In fact, the dino descendants seemed as interested in her as she in them! Here are a few shots of the group playing hide and go seek.

DSC_0035-001.JPG.1789fd1c583622e1cd70a029f45d8aca.JPG

DSC_0033-001.JPG.7a204c05e57f4420a6e60198b60aa4ff.JPG

Because Sara was having such a good time frolicking's with the flock, I put off telling Sara that we had a special friend to go visit. But eventually I did. After hearing it was a fellow Fossil Forum member, @Bev, her reluctance to leave waned. So south we headed to the town of Spring Valley, smack in the middle of our local Ordovician rock outcrops. But we came not to hunt fossils like this one located in Bev's massive gardens full of flowers and fossils, 

DSC_0065-003.thumb.JPG.e30fda0a3b434fc2672c17f92b895bb8.JPG

but to visit with Bev's friends in the garden.

DSC_0064-003.thumb.JPG.b907e63ab01796f53ededa2b922e0d95.JPG

Sara enjoyed her stay with Bev and her friends, but again, I had to be the bearer of bad news and explain we were running late and must return home. Our travels will continue in the next day or two. 

Mike 

• Enjoyed 7

Love it Mike! Thank you for stopping by, enjoyed visiting with you. I am looking forward to more installments! Sara is such a cutie and so easy to get along with. I wonder if she would like to go with us on a discovery hunt of new sites that we talked about???   LOL   :-D

There are two descendants of the avian dinosaurs in the upper center of this picture taken from my private Dog Park. The crow is tormenting the Bald Eagle, who is looking at the ducks (Muscovys sure remind me of Hadrosaurs!) as potential lunch! I think Sara is an herbivore, if I remember right.  :-D  Good seeing you again!  :-D2054221388_3baldeagle.dogparkls.thumb.JPG.264ed22b228d49a3d84f52996c29664f.JPG

• Enjoyed 4