GroundViewer

Hi, I recently found what I believe to be a baby croc tooth at green mill run north Carolina. I was hoping someone might be able to confirm my suspicions?

c1.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

I agree with fish tooth.  Unless the specimen is the broken off very top of a much larger croc tooth crown, the specimen would be hollow at the base if croc.

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 1

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

39 minutes ago, MarcoSr said:

Unless the specimen is the broken off very top of a much larger croc tooth crown

I was thinking the apparent lack of enamel would mean it was well worn. If it looks like a fish tooth as is there probably is no need to craft one from a croc tooth though.

I will try to add a better picture of the top. It is not exactly hallow but there is a slight dimple. 

7 hours ago, Rockwood said:

I was thinking the apparent lack of enamel would mean it was well worn. If it looks like a fish tooth as is there probably is no need to craft one from a croc tooth though.

From what I've seen of crocodilian teeth from anywhere, you don't see enamel worn off so cleanly all around it.  You would see the tooth more beat-up than that with maybe a spot of enamel showing somewhere or it would be more chipped all around.  It looks like a fish tooth to me as well.

• I found this Informative 3