Real or Fake Trilobite

Ander3014

Hello,

I found this trilobite on a estate sale and since I’m new to fossils I was wondering if anybody here could help me out and shed some light on it, is it a Cambropallas? And most importantly I was wonderingif it was real or fake 

The matrix seems weird...

What do you all think?

78C68870-69C4-4920-84BC-57DB23BFCFC6.jpeg

B4EC7788-FDB5-44EC-B368-A8FE6A9F5E30.jpeg

F67B2087-630B-4D96-A717-998B5D23B7FE.jpeg

Yes, a Cambropallas. It looks like it's partially real and partially reconstructed. It's a common practice with these types of trilobites.

It might be a composite of different partial trilobites, or it could just be a repaired partial trilobite.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Kinda looks like a frankenstien to me. Hard to tell with the pics and no magnification, but the symmetry is off to me in parts.

i'm not certain.

This is a very odd looking beast. 

The back has definitely been tampered with to hide where pieces have been glued together, but this can happen even with genuine pieces that have been broken and repaired. 

With these Cambrian giants, it is always better to go with pieces where you have the positive and negative where  possible.

This reduces the chances of fiddling and fakery. 

I actually think this is probably mostly real, but has had some improvements made. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I agree, the back does seem to have some fishy things going on. As for the front, it looks like two different sized abdomen pieces were juxtaposed to make this one composite specimen, but could be distortion from fossilization. Also looks like the Pygidium is missing.