Oldest "human" Skeleton Found--Disproves "missing Link"

Nicholas

When puzzling over the forces behind successful adaptations, I like to consider how they could have improved the ability to manipulate the immediate environment. The long, flexible neck, lightened skull, and complex mandibular articulation in birds seem to have been selected for in the process of developing an alternative to hands (which were busy becoming wings).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

So Tracer, your thought is that "ineffective bipedalism" was the stepping stone for intelligence and brain developement (through tool use and other explorations)? That would make sense.

So Tracer, your thought is that "ineffective bipedalism" was the stepping stone for intelligence and brain developement (through tool use and other explorations)? That would make sense.

i didn't say that. my leg bones are not connected to my brain bones.

haha, well what I took from it was that since hominids began using "ineffecient movement", they had their hands free to help them explore new technologies (tools), and also needed to up their intelligence since running from predators was less of an option. Just a thought I got from your thought.

P.S. My legbones are connected to my brain bones, but that's a story for the doctor. It also explains why my mind and imagination tend to run away.

i didn't say that. my leg bones are not connected to my brain bones.

Usually it's something else that is connected to men's brain bones... ;)

Be true to the reality you create.

Archived