A note taking and informative writing Dinosaur presentation? Yeah we can do that

fossilsonwheels

We were asked to comeback to 2 classrooms we had done a shark presentation for and do dinos ! Very cool but the teachers threw me a curve. They want a program aimed at teaching kids note taking and writing short essay answers from the notes. This is quite different than just talking about adaptations or the geology of fossils. I happily said yes and now I have two weeks to plan an entirely different theme but this will help us going forward as it gives us another style of program to offer teachers.

I am pretty stoked that the teachers though enough of our program to invite us back and have us help the students build some skills. Quite a compliment for a program just getting started I think :)

• I found this Informative 7

Congratulations!

Things are starting to take off for you!

You must be proud! (As you should be!) ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

14 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Congratulations!

Things are starting to take off for you!

You must be proud! (As you should be!) ;) 

Thank you and I am pretty proud. it is going better than expected :)

23 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thats good they obviously saw the merit of your first program, congratulations

Thank you. They really liked it. both of these teachers will do multiple programs next year as well. Pretty exciting :)

Smart teachers! They saw how you captured the kids' attention with your shark program and they see how you can motivate the kids to *want* to take notes so they can remember what you taught them. Nice!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 11:41 AM, Pagurus said:

Smart teachers! They saw how you captured the kids' attention with your shark program and they see how you can motivate the kids to *want* to take notes so they can remember what you taught them. Nice!

So far the teachers have really liked the programs and they are as surprised by some of the information as the students are !