Black Cat Mountain Owner Contact Information?

Carson01

Hey, 

So I was planning on going on a fossil hunt this summer in Oklahoma. I thought "Black Cat Mountain" would be a great place to start but I can't find anything on how to contact the owner "Bob Carrol". I've been on their website which has a phone number but it says its no longer in use. If anyone has contact information like a email or phone number that would be great.

Anyway thank you for reading this message and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Carson Betancourt

Edited by Carson01

I went and visited Leon’s quarry back in January. Same area. He has a basic website with contact info. He’s really nice and down to earth (pun intended lol)

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, Carson01 said:

Hey, 

So I was planning on going on a fossil hunt this summer in Oklahoma. I thought "Black Cat Mountain" would be a great place to start but I can't find anything on how to contact the owner "Bob Carrol". I've been on their website which has a phone number but it says its no longer in use. If anyone has contact information like a email or phone number that would be great.

Anyway thank you for reading this message and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Carson Betancourt

You can try XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, no guarantee it still works. I have his phone number, but I don't know him enough to give out his personal info I'm afraid.

EDIT: Email address removed so as not to feed the internet email-scraping bots. The original poster can PM to get a possible working email address in private. Thanks.

• I found this Informative 2

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

I also visited Oklahoma this past September and visited Leon's quarry and found it to be a very rewarding experience.

Sometimes sharing contact information, is like sharing your favorite collecting spot. You tell one person, and they tell more people they know, and before you know it the whole deal is off. I could do what is asked, but people don't always take it well when you give their cell numbers. I like staying well connected to Paleo friends. It is all about discretion. If you truly want to shmoose up to these people, you need to be creative in your research.

• I found this Informative 3

Right now, Bob has been pretty busy.  I am one of Bob's best friends and helper.  We do allow groups to occasionally come into the quarry as we just hosted the Dallas PS this past weekend (until they got rained out).  Do you have a specific time you would like to go?

• I found this Informative 1

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

• 3 years later...

I would love to go with my dog if at all possible my birthday is tomorrow, I live over in Durant and didn't know something like this was so close to me

7 hours ago, vitaninja0420 said:

I would love to go with my dog if at all possible my birthday is tomorrow, I live over in Durant and didn't know something like this was so close to me

You might consider sending a PM to fossiladdict - she hasn't been on in a while.

@fossiladdict

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Most Black Cat Mt trilobites require some serious prep. Beautiful specimens are not just lying around. Make sure you know what to expect.