Jack Horner Back at it With the Chicken Dino project

Kaiju Slayer333

Here’s a more recent article: http://www.dinosaurculture.com/chickenosaurus/

He is not really recreating a dinosaur but giving a chicken dino like features through genetic engineering. 

Now for a really interesting project recreate a trilobite or a more realistic project: bring back Neanderthals.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

13 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

or a more realistic project: bring back Neanderthals.

Were they gone? ;)

I've heard rumors the mammoth/elephant is catching more play with some new specimens revealed as the arctic continues melting which resulted in better DNA. Don't really need to see that in a zoo anytime soon. I'd personally prefer that we slow our rate of extincting animals rather than put our efforts into resurrecting any--no matter how cool the science is.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

5 minutes ago, digit said:

I'd personally prefer that we slow our rate of extincting animals rather than put our efforts into resurrecting any--no matter how cool the science is.

Cheers.

-Ken

I agree. Also, let’s spend money to fix/save what we have on Earth. It is probably cheaper that trying to find a new planet on which to recreate everything.

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Somebody will try it. 

The only question is do you want your countries genetic scientists to recreate a mammoth or someone else's ? 

i also agree that making a chicken look like a non-avian dinosaur is not the same as it being a dinosaur. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I like how they have KFC's Coronal Sanders peeking around the corner. ^_^

20190405_051116.png

It gives a new meaning to Frankenfood. Then you will be able to eat “real” dinosaur fingers which are unlike chicken “fingers”.

If all the right genes are not switched off or on, the new organism might fail to thrive. It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.

56584310_1532558110213521_82750866456576
Breed of japanese chickens 

"The baneful Dragons, O Seas, are gone: Fiends, 0 Earth, have filled thee with the bones of Defeat and Death."

On 4/5/2019 at 10:43 AM, DPS Ammonite said:

It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature.

I'm old enough to remember that.

....it's Chiffon!

Cheers.

-Ken

14 hours ago, ReptileTooth said:

56584310_1532558110213521_82750866456576
Breed of japanese chickens 

For those people/cultures whose favorite piece is the neck or feet.

I've eaten chicken feet before back in my days before vegetarianism. ;) Not bad if you like skin and knuckles in a black bean sauce. :blink:

If the dino-chickens regain their teeth and raptorial claws, they'll be a lot trickier for the farmers to round-up a bunch of free range birds. :P
At least when someone joins the forum and claims to have found a dinosaur egg in their backyard, they may have a chance of being correct instead of it turning out to be just another concretion. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken