Fossil I Found At The Isle Of Wight?

FF7_Yuffie

Going back a few years now but I found this ages ago on the beach at the Isle of Wight. A guy there said it could be a bit of baryonyx tooth but I'm a little doubtful about that since it doesn't look like any of the other dinosaur teeth that I've got (Each bought from dealers) so figure I'd best get a second opinion on it :)

So, anyone know what it is?

snapshot20090801g.jpg

A view of the bottom...

snapshot200908011.jpg

Another side view

snapshot200908013.jpg

Thanks :) Oh...and don't laugh if it's something basic. I'm a newb to fossil collecting :)

It's a belemnite - a close relative of squids. This is the internal shell. Nice one!

Wow! That's exactly what I was going to say! You Fossil Forum folk have been excellent teachers!~

It is awesome finding!

It looks like a dino tooth and a belemnite. Is that fragile?

Nice smooth sample. Isle Of Wight is the place where the Cretaceous amber could be found there too.

It is awesome finding!

It looks like a dino tooth and a belemnite. Is that fragile?

Nice smooth sample. Isle Of Wight is the place where the Cretaceous amber could be found there too.

It's pretty tough which is what made me start to think that maybe it wasn't a tooth since I bought a few teeth a few weeks ago and they feel like they could break easily. I wish I'd known about the amber being found there when I went since I'd love to find one but at the time had no idea so didn't bother keeping an eye out for some.

Hoping to go back there sometime next year so hopefully I manage to get some then :)