Florida Creek Finds

Maxsg

I hit my favorite creek spot again and I found a lot more new things than I usually do. I found these teeth that looked like broken shark teeth tips but I realized were to flat to be shark teeth.  Sorry the seconds blurry. But they seem to be sharp on one edge and round on the other. And yes I know i have a few croc teeth mixed in.

IMG_2657.JPG.db6cc264ddee824ea746772c6151968b.JPGIMG_2658.JPG.a3d3784e191662ee8695907c76d714b6.JPG

Ah, now this is bringing me back, I used to love hitting up creeks in north FL!  PM me if you're in the Gainesville area and I'd be happy to share a couple of my old spots, though it's always possible they've been developed over in the last 15 years.   

The flatter one in the center-bottom looks like a barracuda tooth, and a couple others might be too, otherwise it looks mostly like crocodilian/alligator teeth and weathered sharks teeth to me.

Edit: for comparison, here are a couple barracuda teeth from my old fossil jar that I collected in FL creeks, these were positively ID'd by a professor in the paleontology dept at UF

Second edit: That extra broken one near the middle might be a dolphin tooth, I'm adding a comparison photo of those as well.

cuda teeth.jpg

dolphin.jpg

I would agree with croc, gator and barracuda teeth- which I believe is the majority of what you found. Their teeth come in more forms than just the flattened, flower petal shaped variety, I have several similar to yours that are recurved.

Thank you guys this was very helpful, and Winnph Im actually in central Florida but I visit family in Gainesville sometimes and hunt up there. I usually only hit hogstown creek because I don't know any other places.