Mastodon bones & teeth

Riverfisher

Here are the larger bones that have been dug along with the teeth. Also have a box of smaller shards. 

E79A337F-D80A-4786-8D05-B38FA9D2992F.jpeg

C8C9B5E5-7071-4639-A972-D77EC5B94C6F.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Now that right there is a killer find!!!! Congrats:fistbump::wub::envy:Fossil of the month worthy for sure

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

NIce!  Yes, I was always told if I found a couple of teeth together with some bone pieces, dig around to make sure you get what you can because at least some of it might fit together later especially if it seems to size up right.  One of my friends always test fits jaw sections and bone pieces from the same site even if it's stuff collected/bought on separate occasions.  One time a 2-tooth jaw section fit perfectly with a 3-tooth jaw section bought a few years apart.  The seller had been visiting the site for years.

• I found this Informative 2

Wow!  Congratulations!   Sorry to be late for the show....I just posted to your first thread, not knowing you already went back....Keep on keeping on.  And that does look to be a lower jaw set of teeth, eh?  Now what you can do is clean off all the sediment carefully with toothbrush and running garden hose on soft lawn grass...then dry all the parts, indoors, for 2-4 weeks until fully dry.  Consolidation of all the parts looks to be necessary.  Ask for help in a month when you may need it.  When you're done with consolidation, it will be time to "get your puzzle on."  Do you like puzzles?  Because you have just found yourself about a 25 piecer to put back together!

• I found this Informative 1

BTW, did you find the rest of the other rootless, unerupted 5-humper???  I seem to remember you had a two-loph section of one in your other thread...Both those 5-humpers will fit in the very back of the jaws, one on each side, once you piece it all back together in a month or two, should you desire to do so.  So each of the lower jaws possess 3 of your teeth apiece.  5-humpers (m3) in the back, large 3-humpers (m2) in the middle, and smaller 3-humpers (m1) up front.  I see you've already pieced 2 teeth properly into a lower jaw section.  Be real careful rubbing bones and teeth together before consolidation, as they may crumble some...Excited for you!

5 Humper, thank you for sharing your knowledge on these. Have not found the other 2/3 of the second 5 humper, yet,  but I believe it will all be there. Just an FYI, the grit you see on the table around the teeth and bones is just sand, not deterioration. These are as found right now, not even so much as rinsed off. I think this 25 piece puzzle is about to get much larger. 

Awesome find! Congratulations  and cant wait to see this put back together!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 hours ago, Riverfisher said:

Just an FYI,

:zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg