Texas Fossils Identification

JFred

Hey guys, I was wondering if ya'll could help me identify these.  All were found in Texas to the best of my knowledge. I have what I believe to be the phyla of each but I'm not totally sure so take it with a grain of salt.

Photo 1: Bryozoa

Photo 2: Hemichordata

Photo 3: Bryozoa

Photo 4: Chordata, this is obviously a shark tooth I think but I'm unsure of the species

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

First photo are scaphopods. Mollusca. 

PS. Welcome to the Forum. 

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

First photo are scaphopods. Mollusca. 

PS. Welcome to the Forum. 

Compare with Dentalium.

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Second pic may be fish otoliths.  These and the coral look to be Eocene, perhaps Cook Mountain Fm or Stone City.  A popular locality exposing this interval is the Whiskey Bridge locality, Hwy 21 over the Brazos.  Tons of pics and info available online.

• I found this Informative 4

Grüße,

The otolith in the upper right photo looks similar to one from the Chesapeake Group, a fish called Genyonemus sp., a croaker (usually found in the Eastern Pacific).  I don't know about being found in Texas (fossils).

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for the post guys they've helped a lot.  Any coral experts out there that can tell me more about the third pic? I can't seem to find any pics of something like it online.

40 minutes ago, JFred said:

Thanks for the post guys they've helped a lot.  Any coral experts out there that can tell me more about the third pic? I can't seem to find any pics of something like it online.

I am by no means a coral expert, but it does look somewhat like a segment of a branching colonial Scleractinian coral to me.

2 hours ago, JFred said:

Going from memory, Madracis sp. may be worth comparison.

Grüße,

I agree with @Uncle Siphuncle that this material looks like its from the Stone City Eocene site at Whiskey Bridge.  The coral (picture 3) is identified as Archohelia singleyi in the 2001 Emerson publication Middle Eocene Claiborne Group Invertebrate Fossils.  Picture 1 is Dentalium as mentioned previously and yes, picture 2 are otoliths.  Cant help you on specific ID on the sharks tooth, but I have some very similar from there.  If you go to the Houston Gem and Mineral website, I believe you can find some descriptive material on this location.

• I found this Informative 1