Strange Tooth?

Aislin

Found these on Solomon’s Island in MD. I’m bad at identifying these, but I’m pretty sure the one on the right is snaggletooth? The arrow looking one is throwing me for a loop though. Anyone think they can help? I’ve included the front and back of the arrow shaped one. 

799AE1D4-7766-4BA7-8972-C552333C7560.jpeg

304F6626-1EB3-43E5-9DD2-70E37A92C2F7.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Aislin said:

Thank you! 

You are welcome. Also Welcome to the forum from New York!

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

That's interesting. I wouldn't have figured the tooth-tooth (as opposed to grinding/crushing plate) was from a hemipristis. Are the serrations worn off or did they never exist? Is it a lower, as opposed to what seem to be the more commonly ID'd that are hook shaped (Uppers?) with large serrations that don't go to the tip? Are location and basic shape the best diagnostics? Thanks.

7 hours ago, MrR said:

That's interesting. I wouldn't have figured the tooth-tooth (as opposed to grinding/crushing plate) was from a hemipristis. Are the serrations worn off or did they never exist? Is it a lower, as opposed to what seem to be the more commonly ID'd that are hook shaped (Uppers?) with large serrations that don't go to the tip? Are location and basic shape the best diagnostics? Thanks.

Some lower tooth don't have the serrations. 

snaggletooth_shark_teeth.jpg

8 hours ago, MrR said:

You just have to go with the overall shape. Remember, a lot of teeth here get battered and rolled around in the surf a lot. It is an upper situated towards the centere of the jaw.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

9 hours ago, MrR said:

That's interesting. I wouldn't have figured the tooth-tooth (as opposed to grinding/crushing plate) was from a hemipristis. Are the serrations worn off or did they never exist? Is it a lower, as opposed to what seem to be the more commonly ID'd that are hook shaped (Uppers?) tip? DSC_0927-002.thumb.JPG.fa9f3211925b78d7fe9784802c6e1d77.JPG

Here are a couple I found in Florida a few weeks ago. It always amazes me how different the upper vs lower teeth are for Hemipristis sharks. Yours does appear a bit water worn but stilla great find!!

Mike

Thanks, all, for answering my question. There's sure a lot to know. Congratulations to the finder of the pre-owned snaggle-tooth tooth.  Cheers.