Crinoid being prepared

Pouildu30

Hi everyone! 

I have recently acquired a crinoid from an old collection... I have never seen a crinoid of this type before but I think it comes from a famous fossil site maybe it comes from the usa....

I will soon prepare it but before that I need what exact species is that in order to have a mental image of the specimen and so avoid any damages while preparing it .... thanks for your help!

FDB61518-4BD3-4403-AA72-AA5246E6C730.thumb.jpeg.6c10c098927f9ba577322ca7f3d43756.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

This might be an Encrinus from the Triassic of Germany.  Anyway it is a very nice crinoid :wub:.

Don

• I found this Informative 3

I agree with Don. 

I think it's Encrinus. 

Very nice specimen. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Definitely Encrinus.  There isn't much more to prep.  It is pretty much what you see.

Joe

• I found this Informative 1

thanks for your help all of you!

Can we think of Encrinus liliformis from the triassic of Germany ?

45 minutes ago, crinus said:

Definitely Encrinus.  There isn't much more to prep.  It is pretty much what you see.

Joe

In fact the stem is still hiden under a small layer of matrix... a photo as a proof!I will post the result once it is prepped!

EBB9DAD0-4917-4225-90F8-49F12FA8DEEF.jpeg

Edited by Pouildu30

If you take care, as I'm sure you will, that should turn out nicely. Looking forward to seeing the end result. This species is always quite impressive. Great acquisition!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I really think the sandblaster will help with this crinoid! I have bought the rough fossil from an old collection. I don’t like to buy fossils usually but it was in a crate of unprepared stuff and I found it beautiful I couldn’t resist.... on top of that it was pretty cheap considering the beauty it is!