Anyone have ARO parts

Northern Sharks

I figured I'd throw this out to the masses- does anyone have a spare nut (item 39448) for an ARO 8315? This is the piece with 2 flats near where the air comes in. Evidently, I over-tightened mine and ripped the threads off. A very quick search online shows one possible source in California and one in the UK, but if anyone here has an old unit they're keeping for parts, may as well try to keep it in the "family". Thanks in advance.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Did you try over wrapping it with teflon tape. Mine was leaking there and about 4 wraps fixed it. I would be interested if anyone has found an economical source for long needle tips for the ARO or the CP 9361. The tool place in England is good but quite pricey by the time you get them over to Canada.

• I found this Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Did you try over wrapping it with teflon tape. Mine was leaking there and about 4 wraps fixed it. I would be interested if anyone has found an economical source for long needle tips for the ARO or the CP 9361. The tool place in England is good but quite pricey by the time you get them over to Canada.

It's definitely broken off. The material on the nut is very thin where the threads are and it didn't take much to overtighten and break. No issues with performance and no air is leaking out, I just don't want anthing getting inside the unit. A wrap of electrical tape on the outside will work as a fix, but I'd rather have something more permanent.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

5 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

Paleo Tools has a long stylus. You have to change the front end bushing with theirs so it will fit but that is easy. All in, it was pretty cheap.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, 

Im afraid the same thing has happened to me. The threads unfortunately broke in half, so the other half of them not connected to the nut is still stuck in the body of the unit preventing me from taking it apart. Any idea on how to get those broken threads out? 

Thanks in advance 

9 hours ago, Nate454 said:

Hey guys, 

Im afraid the same thing has happened to me. The threads unfortunately broke in half, so the other half of them not connected to the nut is still stuck in the body of the unit preventing me from taking it apart. Any idea on how to get those broken threads out? 

Thanks in advance 

Check your hardware store for a small “bolt removal bit” they are made to remove sheared off bolts after you drill a hole in the center of it. If you can find the right size, it should work. Chuck it tight in your power drill and set the direction in reverse. The bit has backwards threads that grip the inside of the piece to be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the air inlet piece is still in the unit preventing me from being able to put something else in there to drill it out.