More programs, more fossil give aways and gratitude for TFF

fossilsonwheels

The response to our programs has been almost unbelievable to me. We booked an additional 5 programs this week and will be working almost non-stop until the end of the school year !!  It going so well that I am now concerned about having enough fossils to give away to all of the students. This is not a problem that I had foreseen as I did not expect to be this busy. I am going to have to get more shark teeth and we had ALOT of shark teeth to give away. I am really happy about this. The first teacher we did a program for told us that we would be working year around in no time and it appears he was right. We will spend the summer putting our name out there with events like a Dino Day at the Library and an activity at the small science museum that I work for plus some summer camp gigs are not out of the question. 

As an educator, all of this fills me with a great deal of pride. We are nailing every program and each one gets better. The feedback has been awesome. The need for better supportive education is significant in our area and we are delivering that. I am learning on the fly about dinosaur fossil collecting and The Fossil Forum has proven to be an invaluable resource. I thank people here pretty frequently and this is just another thank you. There is no way we would be having this level of early success without the knowledge, support and donations of fossil material from the members. I am very sincere in saying we could not do this without you. Each kid that gets a program from us has taken home knowledge and fossils. We are making an impact and that to me is the reason for doing this.

Carter and I are extremely grateful to all of you :)

• I found this Informative 3

Edit- 6 programs. In the 5 minutes it took to write this post, another teacher expressed interest lol

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, JBMugu said:

I can send you some more sharkteeth, how many are you looking for?

Hi @JBMugu ! My guess is 100 or so but let me get a more accurate number. I will be working on the fossil kits on Sunday so I will let you then.