possible bone, vert, id

Roberta NJ CA

Hi All!  With the moderator's approval, I am reposting a few pics (1 year ago or so) that several members id' it as bone and/or vertebra.   the subjects were found in Scotts Valley, CA.  I am reposting them so hopefully someone can point out what and where the bones are located so I can I compare them to other pieces I have as well as learning how to spot possible bone.   I am going to send these off to our resident prepper Kris and perhaps he can show how to reveal and/uncover what's good (bones) and what's not (concretions) if he chooses to work on them.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and help!

Roberta

fossil forum.JPG

fossil forum vert3.JPG

resize81.JPG

resize35.JPG

Hi All!  With the moderator's approval, I am reposting a few pics (1 year ago or so) that several members id' it as bone and/or vertebra.   the subjects were found in Scotts Valley, CA.  I am reposting them so hopefully someone can point out what and where the bones are located so I can I compare them to other pieces I have as well as learning how to spot possible bone.   I am going to send these off to our resident prepper Kris and perhaps he can show how to reveal and/or uncover what's good (bones) and what's not (concretions) if he chooses to work on them.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and help!

Roberta

resize90.thumb.jpg.2bd8f19f856a1b987d0e0a096caf0136.jpg

resize77.JPG

IMG_0106 (2).JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

resize23.JPG

I really should read these posts. :shakehead:

Last photo: left rock right bone. 

I know what you mean about prepping this sort of thing. It's easy to find yourself wondering where the divide is. 

These are definitely preppable. In pics 1-2 the bone is the lighter part and the matrix is the part with the green tinge.

in the other pics, the bone appears to be the darker with the matrix lighter. These also have a lot of iron staining.