Winner of the March 2019 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month

digit

Congratulations to you both. :yay-smiley-1:

The way that vote went it would have been very cruel for there to have been a loser. 

Beautiful finds.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

We should have multiple winners every month but these are both cool specimens congrat to both of you.

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

We should have multiple winners every month

We do in a way--our members enter some lovely and drool-worthy specimens each month. Without sounding too much like the "everybody gets a trophy" fad that has recently been watering down competitions for our younger generation, I enjoy seeing all of the entries each month as a gallery of the diverse finds that our members are discovering each month. :i_am_so_happy:

I always say that all who enter are winners but only one gets the digital award for the month--in this case it was easy to make an exception to that rule to split this month's award between two distinctly different finds that both deserve some extra recognition. Looks like this year's FOTY competition will contain a baker's dozen of entries to choose from making that choice just a bit more difficult to make. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

50 minutes ago, digit said:

We do in a way--our members enter some lovely and drool-worthy specimens each month. Without sounding too much like the "everybody gets a trophy" fad that has recently been watering down competitions for our younger generation, I enjoy seeing all of the entries each month as a gallery of the diverse finds that our members are discovering each month. :i_am_so_happy:

I always say that all who enter are winners but only one gets the digital award for the month--in this case it was easy to make an exception to that rule to split this month's award between two distinctly different finds that both deserve some extra recognition. Looks like this year's FOTY competition will contain a baker's dozen of entries to choose from making that choice just a bit more difficult to make. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Very true

Hi,

Congrats to you both. Two fantastic fossils ! I don't think we had capybara in Europe.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Both are nice!

Rare!

Beautiful?

Maybe not too pretty but I would love to be the finder of each of these!

A tie! Wow! 

Two absolutely incredible finds, congrats to the both of you!!! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Congrats to you both, stunning finds for sure:fistbump::yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Congratulations to both winners! Both fossils are exceptional, so this is an excellent outcome.

Don

Congratulations to you both with two desirable specimens.:default_clap2:

Mike

Oh wow. I just found out. This makes me really happy. Big thank you to everyone. I'm chuffed. And my congrats to GaryC for his great find making joint FOTM. 

• I found this Informative 1

Congratulations, everyone!

:) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Congratulations.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Woah, a tie! never seen that before!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

• Fossildude19 unfeatured this topic