New Riker mounts

Darktooth

In an effort to try to find better ways to display my sharkteeth, I recently purchased some new Riker mounts. These Rikers use clips to secure the mounts as opposed to pins as suggested by @caldigger. While I already had a couple rikers, I still had most of my collection in gem jar trays. I have decided for now to put the best teeth from different locations in the rikers. I am putting teeth from micromatrix finds, in the 1inch gem jars, and miscellaneous teeth in the 2 inch gem jars.

20190414_193521.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Great finds and displays!!! I have used Crown Awards Company for very inexpensive "plaques" to add to  riker type setups. Look for the most inexpensive ones, paper thin and sticky on the back. The gold and black stands out just a little better than the recipe card. LOL.

Mike

• I found this Informative 2

Just to throw out a little bit of OCD, you should put your labels for the teeth in one of the lower corners of the Riker so the teeth and not the label is your main focal interest on the display.

• I found this Informative 3

Most of my larger shark teeth are in Rikers and I think thats a great way to display them..  nice collection and rikers.  The clips look interesting I dont like the pins.

We started using the small rikers for our shark teeth but have switched to using the larger ones. I will have to try the ones with the clips. Excellent displays.

As for me and the reason I love the clip fasteners is I get into my Rikers to pull items for trades or switch out for nicer ones often.

The pin holders are ( at least for me) a royal pain in the "bum" to keep in the box. The more you open them, the holes enlarge causing the pin not to stay put.

I even purchased a package of just clips and switched over my older pin fastener Rikers to clip style.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give the company information to get them.

"What big teeth you have!"

They're looking good in the Riker mounts, and the gem jar trays too.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

@Gizmo @Scylla @minnbuckeye @caldigger @Troodon @fossilsonwheels @Pagurus Thank-you Gents! I agree with Doren that the pins are a pain because the more you mess with them the looser they become, in a rather short time. Also I appreciate  the advice about the labels.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Great looking displays! I am just now finding out about the clips after years of losing those doggone pins. I swear, there are little gremlins that swipe those things the moment I take them out.

1 hour ago, sharkdoctor said:

Great looking displays! I am just now finding out about the clips after years of losing those doggone pins. I swear, there are little gremlins that swipe those things the moment I take them out.

They are easy to find once you turn out the lights and walk around barefoot.

• I found this Informative 1

22 hours ago, Pixpaleosky said:

Very nice display !

Where do you buy the rickers ?

I dont think I am allowed to mention company names on the open forum so I will PM you.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

22 hours ago, Pixpaleosky said:

Very nice display !

Where do you buy the rickers ?

17 hours ago, sharkdoctor said:

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Looking good in there fella!:thumbsu::D

Thank-you!

16 hours ago, caldigger said:

They are easy to find once you turn out the lights and walk around barefoot.

:heartylaugh:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg