Sharks and 2 Dinos- our first triple program day

fossilsonwheels

Today is a big day for Fossils on Wheels. It is our first multiple school, multiple program adventure. Three programs at two schools, 1 shark and 2 dino programs. I am excited to the point of being hyper, which could also be due to too much coffee lol This is a great challenge for me as I have to rapidly switch gears from shark adaptations to dinosaur adaptations. It is a physical challenge as well just setting up the different programs. My son is at school today so it is all me though he will be with me for a program tomorrow.

By the end of today, more than 100 students will have gotten fossil education and free fossil starter kits. It took me several hours yesterday to reload our supply of fossils kits as we have already given out more than I anticipated but this is a fantastic problem to have  :)

• I found this Informative 3

Glad your program is taking off and with good success by the sounds of it, wish there was more programs like this when I was in school.

Those teachers know a good thing when they see it. It's good to see that you and your program are appreciated by them. Don't burn yourself out though. It's tough packing up all your gear in the morning, and then again between programs, and then packing up for home again. I did it when I was young but the last few years I wouldn't go to more than one school in a day, though I often went to five classes at the school.  I remember one town that had me going to three different schools on the day of a snowstorm. Uphill each way :D. The programs were fun though. Congratulations on your success! 

Happy trails, and sleep well! 

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

Super ....Good luck

Thank you Frank. It went really well. We covered a lot of critters today and our Anky scute made its debut. The kids loved it :)

8 hours ago, Haravex said:

Glad your program is taking off and with good success by the sounds of it, wish there was more programs like this when I was in school.

Thank you @Haravex . I would have this when I was a kid. We really had a lot of success with the science stuff today and we able to change how some kids view dinosaurs, sharks and themselves in the grand scheme of life on our planet !

7 hours ago, Pagurus said:

Those teachers know a good thing when they see it. It's good to see that you and your program are appreciated by them. Don't burn yourself out though. It's tough packing up all your gear in the morning, and then again between programs, and then packing up for home again. I did it when I was young but the last few years I wouldn't go to more than one school in a day, though I often went to five classes at the school.  I remember one town that had me going to three different schools on the day of a snowstorm. Uphill each way :D. The programs were fun though. Congratulations on your success! 

Happy trails, and sleep well! 

No sleep for me. more work to be done for tomorrows program lol I am not worried about burn out yet but I do take time to relax plus i am always busy with dad stuff and my other job so this is just having fun to me. Your teeth have been a hit with the kids btw they are getting into the hands of the kids !!